Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A request for something impossible but fun to try!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A request for something impossible but fun to try!

I've seen long dresses done before in the game (A mithra one somewhere around there) and I thought I'd give a fun idea/request to someone who'd like to try something different. What I would like to see is someone make either a dress similar to Celes's from FF6, Her armor (sans cape) or Terra Bradford's armor.

I'm attempted to make Terra's head for hume females (at least the hair color anyway - not sure if I can make the face look right) in both colors. (She has blue-green in the game a blonde-ish color in some artwork and in the FMVs)

If possible I'd love it to be made for Elvaan Females - and Mithras as well (especially Celes's armor)
    Attached Files

Re: A request for something impossible but fun to try!

The armor is doable, though I'd wait until the transaltion of VRS is complete. The dress is a maybe. There might be some problems with certain animations like /sit. It all depends on how much VRS will let us do. If it is possible, we could rip the dress from Princess Claidie and use it as a guide.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
    Personality Tests

Comment

I'm also wondering - do you think VRS it would be possible to make something like one of the uniforms from the old anime Sailormoon? I'm curious about that because I think it would be kind of fun to do - and it'd be hilarious to watch pretty sailorsuited girls smack the hell out of crabs..

Comment

Originally posted by Selenity
        I'm also wondering - do you think VRS it would be possible to make something like one of the uniforms from the old anime Sailormoon? I'm curious about that because I think it would be kind of fun to do - and it'd be hilarious to watch pretty sailorsuited girls smack the hell out of crabs..
        It's actually been done by some Japanese players already. I've seen quite a few differant styles of school uniforms including sailor ones. One is available at http://www.geocities.jp/burumakun/souko.html
        I remember seeing a differant styled sailor suit, as well. I think it was on MMO Xoops, but I can't remember. If one like the one you want doesn't exist, it will be easy to create it, especially once VRS is done.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
        Personality Tests

Comment

I mean something like this:
          Attached Files

Comment

OMG dont tease me i would KILL for a dress! im gussing cause im a noob that when you all talk about making one you instl it and it only shows up on YOUR screen and not to others right?
            yay new sig!

Comment

correct
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

awww
                yay new sig!

Comment

was just wondering if anyone was able to actully make this o,O

Comment

I don't see Celes' armor being too difficult--it's relatively skin-tight and full body, and I can see different armors already in game that can be picked apart then put together to resemble Celes' armor. Terra's the same, except for the skirt. I think Hayase made one similiar, but from the looks of it, Terra's skirt is tight. As for full gown, if someone could port and then re-texture the San d'Orian princess' gown, it shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Yeah, Cele's armor should be easy to make. The dress making it and having the motion of it flow right would be difficult, even in the new VRS the dress' motion will have some artifacts. It'll work good if it ever gets to the point were you can add more skeletons, then you can extend the skirt skeletons so they have a full dress motion.

As far as Sailor Moon's Mini Skirt with the current skirt skeleton that exists it should work just fine and skirt should be able to move with no artifact problems at all.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Myself i'd actully like to see a dat file for the Sandoria's princess. lol

Comment

I think XOOPs had it for Hume female, but it was just a picture. It looked like it flowed pretty well. If anyone can speak decent japanese and ask for it (possibly port it) we may get Celes' opera dress relatively easy.

Comment

FFXI >> FFVI Conversion {Yes, Please.}

FF6 is teh best FF game evar, beats the crap out of FF7 and all the rampant fanboyism surrounding it.

Dare I say, Kefka is way better than Sephiroth any day, too *gasp*

It would be VERY sweet if someday we could have all the playable characters from FF6 as FF11 models... in addition to Kefka and General Leo. *drool*

Ah well, a man can dream...

Comment

Most of Amano's artwork always seemed to abstract to me to translate into something as concrete as 3D models. Even the models for the PSX ports took significant liberty with the original designs.

Hell, even the sprites bear only a passing resemblance.

Comment

Working...
                              X