This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just trying to spread my idea of the SMN AF

I'm pretty awful at most art related things, and I'm not better at dat editing (haven't really tried yet though).

I've collected a few dats myself from other creators/editors and enjoy them a lot. I wish I had the time and skills to sit down and make my own armor, but I don't (currently atleast).

So I thought I'd share my idea of SMN AF in the hope that maybe someone sees it and agrees with me that it would be nice to make, or maybe can drop me some good hints on how hard/easy it would be to make it.

I've attached a gif of Rydia, which I consider is the core SMN look. (I tried a slightly bigger version too, but 10 pixels too wide >_<. I better get around to installing an image editing program soon. (which happen to be the biggest reason I'm not editing myself, or atleast shared first place with lack of time)).
    I think this armor looks perfectly feminine compared to the not so feminine current original armor. The boots are quite high, there are no real *pants*, body is tiny and the arms are sort of sleeves with a kind of shiva-like hanging green things.

So, assuming nobody here feels interested enough to adopt this project, are there any suggestions to basic armors to use as templates for it? High boots, empty legs, lighter body. Should the arms be part of body or hands? How impossible would it be to create a shiva-like hanging thing? And would it be impossible mostly because of the model editing, or because of animations?

I assume the easy part will be to tint the textures green. But the rest seem more suited for a professional than me :/

Well, that's my dream-piece in FFXI, and if I'm lucky and someone sees this and thinks it's a good idea, or I ever get around to try it on my own I might get to see it someday.
    Attached Files

Re: Just trying to spread my idea of the SMN AF

since its a anime looking pic, its pretty hard to tell if it would be good SMN AF with graphics of FFXI

Comment

Doesn't matter that it looks animeish. The major part of the project is calling for the person to use a great deal of artistic skills as well as remodeling.

The feet and leg section of it probably the easiest to duplicate since there is a lot of gear that could suit it just fine. One of the panty like sublingars tinted green (or bottom piece of swimsuit) and probably something like Coarse Leggings, or even Wedding Boots tinted green would fit those two sections. The head piece can be covered with the corsage from the wedding dress set as well.

As for the upper body piece and for the hanging cloth drapped around her arms, don't think there is any gear for that in game. Those two parts would have to be remodeled to create. Probably the closest would be either the Savage Separates or the Top piece to the swimsuit.
      Last edited by Macht; 09-26-2005, 02:46 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

It'd be pretty easy, actually - except for the drape on her arms. I think that the swimsuits would be your best bet to try and remodel, but to have the drape look good when the character is moving or sitting would be nigh-on impossible until someone figures out how to add new planes to the models.

Right now, the only way I can figure out how to even try it would be to stretch out the arms, or to move the sarong of the swimsuit...either way, the result won't move the way we would need it to.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Edit: Here's a very quick and not at all detailed try. (Ignore the fact that the feet aren't the same color as the legs...)

Last edited by Amadaun; 09-26-2005, 08:47 PM. Reason: Added picture

Comment

More work on it. ^^

Comment

Only thing I don't like about it, the shirt looks a little too low for my tastes...
            -Baka Inu!
            Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
            Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
            Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
            Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Shirt's too high for my tastes.

Comment

If you use the swimsuit model, do you run into problems spliting it from a two piece model to two one pieces?

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
                Personality Tests

Comment

Pretty nice work on the rydia.. although the green is "too bright" for ffxi's "faded" world look.
                  It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                  それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                  Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                  A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Originally posted by tazirai
                    Pretty nice work on the rydia.. although the green is "too bright" for ffxi's "faded" world look.
                    You know I was just starting to notice the "faded" look, and I have to say its wonderful :D

Comment

Just a thought, would the "Waders" (fishing CP boots) make a betetr leg piece? It isnt so heavy armor but it comes up higher and has the different colored toe to work with and change.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I'm loving what you've done. And I'd be very grateful if you made it available for download when you decide to stop working on it.

Comment

Hmm Ive got a Q.

I was using that AH buyable wedding stuff and trying to edit that but the collar made the neck a strange shape. Any idea on how to get rid of that piece of the equip (ie not just coloring it over)

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

That's an interesting look. In terms of Amano's design, his work looks vivid because of all the accessories around his character I think. You'll see many things hanging around be it heir, necklace, bracelet, cuffs, ropes, capes, mantles etc which will be really cool to add but will also become really heavy >.<
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hmm interesting, I might pick up on this in Nov or Dec.........

I could probably make that just as its shown in the gif, but I would need the image to be a lil larger so I can make it exact (I really can't see it all). I don't know if you would want the stuff hanging down her arms (hmm know hwat I'm talkin bout?) as that would require a hell of a lot of work in vrs for me. Cannot be done in meta, need to add polygons.

Anyways, the current mod of it is looking good, keep on working on it.

Elite noob modder

Comment

Working...
                              X