This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mithra > White Mage > AF1 [-hammer]

Spent about 6-8 hours total on this, mostly because I was doing it on little sleep and kept overwriting my models ><...

Anyway, I chose the pose not for the cool looking effect [since a WHM wielding a bow WOULD be pretty cool >.>] but for the fact that it's the only pose I can find a flaw in. I marked it in case u didn't see it. All the other animations I tested with it worked out fine. No other texture bleeding or whatever you call it. The models in the pics are exactly as they appear in viewer and in-game [i.e. - no resizing has been done to the pics through formatting].

Of course, like everyone else wishes, feedback is appreciated. Both positive AND negative. I'm thick skinned, but a pefectionist, also, so find something wrong and let me have it...

Double Post Edited:
    Here's some other various poses...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Monet; 09-04-2005, 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    §· White Mages are given their gift to help people ·§
    §· To charge a person in need of that gift is against all White Mage principles ·§

»··· BUT ···«

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for the rest of his life.

Re: Mithra &gt; White Mage &gt; AF1 [-hammer]

wow this is really good.. a little freaky but I likes

Originally posted by SevIfrit
    we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

/cry... ><
      Noone likes my armor... ><
      Why even live anymore... >o ...
      /cry.. ><
      §· To charge a person in need of that gift is against all White Mage principles ·§

»··· BUT ···«

Comment

the gloves look off, and the cap, draping over the face just looks "wierd".

Can't offer you any other suggestions, because i'm not too much into .DAT editing.

Sorry if im blunt. but you asked for opinions.
        Alauna >> : yea.. what do TC majors do, anyways?
        >> Alauna : we are capable of doing lots of things, but aren't really experts in anything :-p
        Alauna >> : oh, so your a RDM?
        >> Alauna : yeah...

Comment

The head flap thing is interesting...but not really what I'd expect for a white mage. It also doesn't seem to fit the leggings of the outfit. The gloves and head make it for a more fighting like stance, while the bottoms are clearly for eye candy. I'm not against eye candy skins, but I don't see them as really practical. Still...I have seen skins that are a lot worse and this is a pretty good one.
          All spells obtained!
          Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Hrm, I think it would be great, you just might be going for way too many different looks all at once. I'm sure somebody else mentioned this, but the gloves and head just don't go along with the rest of the outfit. I'm sorry, but I just don't like the hood. That's just me though, so don't take any offense in that. The rest of the outfit is pretty hot though, the hood just ruins it for me.

Comment

Shoulda thrown this in there...
              I was going for the Comic Book Look. For practicality, the armor looked fine the way it was. I didn't like the head at all though, so I decided to change the entire thing to a Jim Lee type character. Over-proportion, baggy/minimal clothing, the "blind justice" veil [with a Windy crest ] was exactly what I was going for, so even you're seemingly negative comments really are'nt too bad. Thanks for the feedback.

»··· BUT ···«

Comment

er...I'm assuming that's a thong. And I'm assuming that she's showing a lot of skin. It looks very whore-ish...I honestly don't like it. The idea of showing so much skin as a white mage bothers me too so I don't like the concept either. Technically speaking the skin is done very well with the attention to detail and the like. But it's a poor choice of concept and it looks out of place and ugh is the only word I can use to describe it.

Sorry for being blunt but that's my honest opinion.
                My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                Originally posted by Balfree
                Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Why your whm AF is so........ (censored word)......

Double Post Edited:
                  Originally posted by Kildem
                  Why your whm AF is so........ (censored word)......
                  If this is a WHITE mage i even can't imagine your thief or your ninja...
                  Last edited by Kildem; 09-06-2005, 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Signature, ah!

Comment

Just needs to be evened out, I think. If you're going to go for skimpy, I would at least give it to a class that might seem to dress like that. The only thing I can think of is thief, since generally, they wear less around the torso than anyone. I tend to think of WHMs as priests or priestesses, and although they may not be religious, I don't seem to enjoy the idea of my healer to be that risque.

But hey, I won't ever get to see it in game, so it doesn't really matter to me, it's your skin and I commend you for putting in time to make it. ;D

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far. I kinda expected better enthusiasm from some of you guys, but in general I got the response I wanted. Main thing I was concerned about what was craftsmanship and detail since I changed so much about the original model. I understood that not everyone wants Comic Book characters in their game, so I guess it IS slightly extreme

»··· BUT ···«

Comment

Well I don't mind comic book characters. I read a lot of comic books so I know what you speak of. It's just that your comcept is way off for what a whm should be. Even among comic book characters you'd probably see a healer type would dress a lot more modestly than a stripper uniform. :p Skimpy, almost naked uniforms are usually for risque, sexual characters. Even then you see more of full body spandex than anything else. It's just too much for the concept of a healer/religious character And that's what's throwing people off.

Your craftsmanship is good tho. Just need to think more thoroughly about the specific style a certain character needs before designing something, and not just making it skimpy and revealing just because.
                        My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                        Originally posted by Balfree
                        Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

[QUOTE=nanatsu]Well It's just that your comcept is way off for what a whm should be. Even among comic book characters you'd probably see a healer type would dress a lot more modestly than a stripper uniform. :p Skimpy, almost naked uniforms are usually for risque, sexual characters. Even then you see more of full body spandex than anything else. It's just too much for the concept of a healer/religious character And that's what's throwing people off.

/nod
                          Signature, ah!

Comment

I think its hot... But yeah... the green on the hat just throws things off a bit. but excellent attention to detail. I love your work... can you make a new PLD AF? Tha would be awesome...

PLD75| BLM42| WAR37| DRK30| THF25| WHM25| NIN22| MNK20| BST10|

Comment

Back from sabatical...

For the whiners

The headgear ain't changin'...

http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/5595/whmaf110fl.jpg

Also, if anyone knows what/how I can fix my slight problem. Notice 1337 Shield mod. Unfortunately, only the Alpha Channeling on the back of the shield shows in-game. Even without back Alpha Channeling present, the front will not Alpha Channel. I think it MIGHT have something to with relfective proprties of the item, but I'm not sure if that's it, or if there's a way to fix it.

»··· BUT ···«

Comment

Working...
                              X