Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else noticed this change since the update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else noticed this change since the update...

I'm fishing Moat Carp out in Saruta and the rule has always been that <!!!> at the end of your fishing message meant either an arrowwood log or a monster, but now Monke-onke, which used to just be regular fish give the three <!!!> and plays the monster music - which also may be new, I've had the sound down low for a long time...

anyone else notice this? anywhere else?
    sigpic

(\ /)
    ( . . )
    C(")(")
    ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Re: Anyone else noticed this change since the update...

Originally posted by The Mauva Syndicate View Post
    I'm fishing Moat Carp out in Saruta and the rule has always been that <!!!> at the end of your fishing message meant either an arrowwood log or a monster, but now Monke-onke, which used to just be regular fish give the three <!!!> and plays the monster music - which also may be new, I've had the sound down low for a long time...

anyone else notice this? anywhere else?
    Pretty sure monke-onke were always !!!. Or at least they've always been considered large fish - I can't say that I've ever really gone after them since fishing was changed to the current system.

Icemage

Comment

Thats interesting. Normally the only time I get "!!!" is when I hook a Gugru Tuna with my mithran rod.
      c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Proud hater of Windows Vista since Windows XP Service Pack Two!

My limit break involves a moose, the demon Baphomet, and a Kuiper Belt object. It takes four hours and you cant skip any of the cutscenes.
      She's coming around for another pass! Do we Fight, Use an Item, or Run?
      FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN? DECIDE!

Dont look a gift lion in the mouth!

Perscription strength Assault!
      Side effects may include joint pain, loss of mobility, and fainting.

Comment

Sorry to derail a bit... but isnt the "!!!" an indication that your rod may break if you procede? Sorry... I'm really new to fishing and haven't spent too much time on it as of yet.
        sigpic

Comment

'!!!' is the indicator for big fish, items and monsters. It's always been like that. And yes, it also means weaker rods will have a high chance of breaking.
          The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Comment

Originally posted by Jaice View Post
            Sorry to derail a bit... but isnt the "!!!" an indication that your rod may break if you procede? Sorry... I'm really new to fishing and haven't spent too much time on it as of yet.
            A "!!!" isn't necessarily a warning that you could break your rod. I fish using a Lu Shangs, and I fish for Bhefhel Marlin or Gugru Tuna on the ferry occasionally. Neither fish poses any threat to my Lu Shangs, but I will still get the "!!!" indication simply because they are both big fish.

The fishing instinct that follows the exclamation marks could be indication of how much risk a fish poses to your rod, but only with Small Fish. My friend used to fish with me on the ferry using a Composite Rod, and I noticed that we got different fishing instinct messages in spite of targetting the same fish and having similar fishing skill. On Silver Shark, Noble Ladies and Bluetail, I would always get "You have a good feeling about this" messages. But my friend would sometimes get "You have a bad feeling about this" messages on those same fish. Since he was using a Composite rod, he ran the risk of getting line snaps on those fish even if he tired them out completely.

Meanwhile, with big fish, the fishing instinct doesn't give you an indication of danger to your rod. I constantly get bad feeling and terrible feeling messages when I get bites from Gugru Tuna in spite of the fact that it poses no threat to my Lu Shangs and that it is well below my fishing skill.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Thanks for the info Lyonheart!
              sigpic

(\ /)
              ( . . )
              C(")(")
              ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Working...
              X