Frusterated....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frusterated....

Ok so i was skilling up my fishing on my 2nd account (bought 2nd game) and its taking so long to get from 45-50. this is what i'm doing...Haly+sinking Minnow=Ogre Eels and Gold lobsters to skil up on...also catching Jellies, Zagmfu Bass (SP?) and bastore sardines to sell to a close by NPC for pocket change...i maybe get a skill up .02 a day...i did the same on my main and remember just flyin by on lvls 40-60...i have no clue what i'm doing differently..maybe becasue i'm using a Haly rod and not my lu shang...i dunno fishing on the days i'd normally skill up on but nothin...maybe i'll just stick with this lvl on my mule since Gold Lobsters and Ogre Eels sell pretty decent on Jeuno AH...15k not too bad.

Could anyone shine some insight on my plight? I'm not positive but it may be becasue of me using my Lushang during this lvl area...I'm not sure tho

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: Frusterated....

If location is not an issue, I suggest to catch Cone Calamary using Minnow in Batallia Downs (sp*) until skill 48. You should be able to target Cobalt Jellyfish, Cone Calamary, and Bluetail in that area w/ Minnow.
    Server: Quetzalcoatl
    Race: Hume Rank 7
    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Another option is to go with insect paste to Rabao.

You'll catch only moat carp ($) or Sandfish (Lv51).

Icemage

Comment

I haven't noticed faster skillups with the Lu Shang Rod (now skill 65) vs. before I got it (~ skill 50). Fishing skillups are just slow and come in random waves. I can fish up several stacks of something and not get a single skillup. Then suddenly I'll get 3 skillups one day with a couple stacks.

My suggestion is target some money fish which you can skill up on (or money fish which you catch along with skill fish). And let the skillups come as they may.
        They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys...I've been just hanging out in S. Gustaberg catching lobsters and eels...since i posted i got 1.4 lvls. oh well...thats fishing for ya

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

last 6 stacks of skillup fish have yielded me just a .2 skill gain, now stuck at 40.9 ><

been mostly gold carps with occasional guild point item skillup fish tossed in
            Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
            Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Working...
            X