Is the juice mage guide still valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the juice mage guide still valid?

This part of the forum doesn't seem to active, but does the juice guide for mages still work today? Was thinking about doing this with my new rdm so he could get some more mp.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/cul...-60-mages.html - this is the guide I am referencing
    Last edited by skeeterlite; 07-23-2008, 11:24 AM. Reason: included guide link

Re: Is the juice mage guide still valid?

Go ahead and drink yer juices.

Any veteran player that's a good player will bring juices on his low level mage endeavors.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Ok, good deal thanks. RDM is my first and only class so far but I thought the juices would be good to have as I started grouping.

Comment

Great for you, mages should always carry juices with them pre-refresh/ballad level, even if just for emergencies.
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
          Great for you, mages should always carry juices with them pre-refresh/ballad level, even if just for emergencies.
          Even post-40, you should have two or three on you if you don't have a refresher or the refresher dies. Obviously this does not apply to you as a RDM, but when your leveling another job as a sub it will.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

The best way to do it for me was to level Cooking to 10~ on Orange Juice, then just carry several stacks of materials for juice with you when you go to XP the low level mage, since the juices don't stack you can bring many more juice's worth of mats than actual juices. It's great in the dunes when you still have downtime here and there between fights that you can use to synth a couple. If you're higher in cooking to make better juices, even better.
            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Good Looks like this will suit me better than clothcrafting would have for the time being at least.

Comment

I would highly recommend leveling up your cooking. Cooking is cheap compared to the other crafts, and in a lot of cases you can actually break even and even profit as you skill up to boot. Plus food sells fast for the most part...I blow through Yag drinks on the AH faster than I can craft them.

At any rate, take cooking as far as you can...if you can get it to 60 you can make Yag drinks, but Pineapple Juice (level 30) is a good alternative that's cheap to make if you buy mats from vendors. I always make it a point to carry around a couple stacks worth of synthing mats when I go out as mage, it speeds things up SO MUCH when I can regen MP during fights.
                I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
                -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
                http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

I finished off a six-hour exp session last night in Kazham - I made yag drinks throughout the ordeal. Mainly for the PLD.

It definitely gives me a bit more to offer during the lower levels, especially when I'm nudging my way into an impatient, PL'ed sub-leveling party. Heh, of course my nudging is only necessary while trying to find a home for my tiny BLM ;_;

Nothing's better than hearing a load of /sighs when Mr. Mage needs to rest. -.-

Comment

I've been making pineapple juice for myself for the longest time, because lolGalkaMP. But I can count on one hand the number of times it's actually made a difference. Most of the time, I make a lot of juice, drink one when it seems opportune, and then the puller goes AFK, or some other circumstance makes it mostly a waste.

Still, that handful of times? Yumpin' Yimminy it was a good thing I had it.
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

Ellipses: Why not just drink nonstop? Just nuke more or cure more.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        Ellipses: Why not just drink nonstop? Just nuke more or cure more.
                        At some point you still have to rest, even with juices, which will usually come between fights. This is also the time you'd need to use to synth more juices, you can't always do both at once, and if you just spam juices and spam spells you're going to be out of both MP and juice relatively quickly, then you either need to synth and be behind schedule in restoring MP, or rest and be out of juice for the next fight.

Even if you carry mats for lots of juices, they go a lot faster than you'd think.
                        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

What Callisto said.

Honestly, though, it's often just a case of me losing perspective or motivation. Perspective in that I start thinking "Oh crap! I only have two stacks of juice left!" not realizing how long that'll actually last. Motivation in that I've become jaded and don't have the energy to try and push a party to perform well enough that the juice becomes a factor if they're not there already.

And I can hardly ever bring myself to just nuke or overcure for the hell of it.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

At some point you still have to rest, even with juices, which will usually come between fights. This is also the time you'd need to use to synth more juices, you can't always do both at once, and if you just spam juices and spam spells you're going to be out of both MP and juice relatively quickly, then you either need to synth and be behind schedule in restoring MP, or rest and be out of juice for the next fight.

Even if you carry mats for lots of juices, they go a lot faster than you'd think.
                            Nobody said anything about spamming. I just don't see why you would want to wait for an "opportune" time to drink considering you're going to be losing MP at a steady rate even with the juice up. You might as well keep the effect going whenever you're going to be casting.

Comment

Edited OP to show the guide I am referring to.

Comment

Working...
                              X