Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild point question

Hi-o all,
    I'm at 37.9 and thus on the verge of being able to go up to the next rank. So here's my question. Can I hand in my current rank GP item, synth, rank up, and hand in my new GP item in the same day?
    Thanks
    Jet

ps. thanks to all the posterts here, I've learned a ton about crafting reading through the posts

Re: Guild point question

Once you hit the limit in points that day, you can't get any more. I tried doing the same thing for woodworking.
    Generic Info!

Comment

It depends on the guild point items in question actually. Your GP total earned each day is tracked, so if the item on your new guild allows more points than you've earned so far today, you can hand in some of the new item to earn the balance of the points.

Note: This is also a useful trick to save some money/earn more points - you can choose not to rank up for a day or two until the GP guild item cycle becomes more favorable for you.

Icemage

Comment

ok, I get it.

Todays novice item caps @ 3280 points but the apprentice is @ 1280 points so that doesn't work. However the jouneyman limits out @ 3280 so a guy could (if levels allow) max out on his apprentice item, rank up and hand in the remainder of the higher GP items.

Thanks for clearing this up, I had a hunch I wouldn't be able to double up on points, but...you gotta try right ?

edit.... and I realize this changes day to day so it all depends on the circumstances.

Comment

this may seem like a very newbish question how do you sign up for gp points where would you go to talk to someone to find out which item needs to be turned in??? i am new to crafting and just want to figure this out.

Comment

Well, to start off, you need to be at novice ranking (lev 28+). There's an npc standing around the guild that you sign a contract with. He will then tell you what the guild item for the day is. Trade that item to him for GP, which can be spent for various items/abillities (raw fish handling). Just note that you can only have 1 active guild contract at a time, so if you get 15000 points in the cooking guild then sign up for a smithing contract you lose all your cooking points.

Good luck

Comment

Thank you very much Jethreal

Comment

Working...
              X