can i make...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i make...

meatmithkabobs just about every time with 39 cooking skill ? I read somewhere that the skill maxes out at 38 for making them, and i figure that if i farm for all of the items that i could synth them and make a good profit...

they sell for 12k a stack on my server, and the meat sells for 50k a stack
    it wasn't me... no wait... it was.

Re: can i make...

Uh... you realize you will make very little profit this way right?

Guaranteed failure rate: 5%

1 stack of cockatrice meat: 50K
    1 stack of wild onions: Probably 10-15K
    1 stack of fire crystals: Around 5K
    Add 1K or so for Kazham Peppers and Mhaura Garlic assuming you get them from vendors.

Total cost: 65-70K to make 6 stacks of meat mithkabobs worth 12K each for a total of 72K. Breakage of 5% reduces that down by ~3K so your real return on average is probably anywhere from 4K to -1K per 6 stacks of mithkabobs.

At skill level 39 you might as well just sell the meat and save yourself the synthing time.

Icemage

Comment

I hate to make anything that requires tarutaru rice and wild onion
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

thats what i was saying... if i farm up a stack of both the onions and the meat, then i could turn a *decent* profit... nothing major but not to bad... and on my server the cockatriece meat sells for 50k and the wild onions sell for 20k XD

*edit* by your math that would be about 65k profit if i farmed

Comment

Originally posted by Dalin
          thats what i was saying... if i farm up a stack of both the onions and the meat, then i could turn a *decent* profit... nothing major but not to bad... and on my server the cockatriece meat sells for 50k and the wild onions sell for 20k XD

*edit* by your math that would be about 65k profit if i farmed
          *tries not to go ballistic at yet another person who does not understand that money in your pocket does not equal profit if your synth materials had value when you started*

You get 70K profit from farming, then LOSE ~5K after synthing.

Total value of materials, per the prices you gave above: Approximately 76K
          Total value of 6 stacks of meat mithkabobs, per the prices given above: 72K

So synthing them into kabobs actually loses you money even if you don't break any of the synths (and as I said above, your chance to break is 5%).

If you're going to farm the materials, just sell them and save yourself the frustration of synthing; you'll get more money that way.

---

To give you a clearer example, let's say you start with an item that, on the AH, is worth 1 million gil. You synth it into a weapon that's worth 100,000 gil when sold on AH.

By your logic, you made a 100,000 gil profit. See where you're going wrong?

Icemage

Comment

If you farm the meat and the onions, it would be a waste of your time to synth them. You would make slightly more money selling the raw materials, and it would only take up 2 auction slots instead of 6.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

ok thank you. I did not take the time to think thru it to that point. And I see now that i would need to get HQ to actually make a proffit correct?

Comment

Yup, exactly. Most mid-level synths with HQs are like that since high level crafters like to HQ them and they can sell their NQs for very little since the HQs will bring them money anyway.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                X