This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cooking Advice Needed!

Didn't have the information earlier today, so I checked it out when I got home. The ingredients for a stack of zeta biscuits cost about 6k and the product sells for 10k. That's in Windy currently, profit is probably better in Jeuno. The sales are kindof intermittent, but again, that's probably because any bsts high enough level to need to heal their pet for 350HP probably aren't shopping in Windy.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Kewl, thanks Taskmage.

I looked into this Yag Drink factory idea. Well the regional vendor is in Sandy now, and with my fame in Sandy and crystals purchased at the AH, a Yagudo Drink costs 1,229g to make and they sell for a solid 3k. So that's a profit of 1,771g each, and 21,252g profit on 12 made. Of course it may take you a while to sell these damn things, with only 7 AH slots. (There really needs to be a quest to expand how many items we can sell at AH.) But if I do a {Bazaar} over night, I could sell a good number of these things.

The Zeta biscuits idea would pan out well, the only problem is I don't see those moving too fast honestly. I think I may farm up some coeurl meat and give a few stacks of these a try. And see if that's a gil maker.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh
        Kewl, thanks Taskmage.

I looked into this Yag Drink factory idea. Well the regional vendor is in Sandy now, and with my fame in Sandy and crystals purchased at the AH, a Yagudo Drink costs 1,229g to make and they sell for a solid 3k. So that's a profit of 1,771g each, and 21,252g profit on 12 made. Of course it may take you a while to sell these damn things, with only 7 AH slots. (There really needs to be a quest to expand how many items we can sell at AH.) But if I do a {Bazaar} over night, I could sell a good number of these things.

The Zeta biscuits idea would pan out well, the only problem is I don't see those moving too fast honestly. I think I may farm up some coeurl meat and give a few stacks of these a try. And see if that's a gil maker.
        About being worried about the selling ... in the begining cities it's a little rough. Could take a while to sell.

You want to be in Jeuno ... perferablly on a Friday and/or Saturday. They go QUICKLY that way. Anyway, it works out that way on my server.

Even during the week it's not too bad, just a bit slower. Mages love these things and cooking isn't a very popular guild, atleast on my server.

Comment

Im only 0 at cooking lvl so im trying to synthisis items but i need to know what I should be making becuz Ivee made and made yet I havent gotten my lvl up.What should I make? Im just tired of losing my gil on food ingredience.

Comment

what are you making? When you're trying to skill up, try look for recipe which caps no higher than 5 above your skill.
            check out recipe from here. > http://www.ffrecipe.com/

When i skill up cooking I try to make 2 kinds of food
            1. popular food. like meat/fish kabob. not the cheapest to make but they sell well
            2. food with easy to find ingradients. like juice.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I would strongly recommend this guide:
              http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...xi_cooking.txt

Got to 60 in about 4-5 days.

Comment

Cooking is not something that is going to make you extremely wealthy very quick like some of the other crafts, but it does allow for enough income to buy what you need over time.

Up in levels you will be able to make much more of a profit, the trick to makeing money in cooking is in HQ's. There is not really an item specifically that someone can tell you to make to profit from unless they are on your same server. You will have to research the ingrediants and see what you are able to make for a decent price that sells for a little bit more.

One thing i have learned is that bazaaring juices and pies in Selbina (ie leaver your character logged in over night while you sleep with goods for sale in your bazaar) can make you a nice chunck of change. Also Bazaaring insect paste and fishing bait either at the fishing guild in windy or at the fishing dock by the Lu Shang Fishing Rod quest brothers can also yeild a pretty penny.

It doesn't cost much to make the insect paste, and if you have a few mules, you can load the AH up on each mule with the paste, and go back about 30 minutes later and most if not all will be sold.
                Tienellia
                Sandy 10 / Windy 6
                69 Rdm | 65 Smn | 44 Whm | 39 Blm
                DivineSoulz -- Co-owner
                Stonars (Dynamis) -- Sackholder
                Cooking -- 98.7 +1
                ZM14
                PM 5-3

"Fight with a sword in your hand, a friend at your back, and magic in your veins"

Comment

Hope this helps. Keep in mind some of the information may be a bit old, since it took me 18 months to lvl cooking, and I started making money once I got to 30.

In general, most of the profits in cooking are based in two areas - high qualities, and sheer volume. There is a little bit of an exception to this rule, and that is the items that you craft that HQ is not possible. There is always a small profit margin on those (think juices and curries).

If you shop carefully, and farm your crystals, you will almost always make small profits even on stacks of NQ ingredients.

Earlier in the year, I made a deal with a fisherman, where he fished, I cooked the sushi, we both grew rice. During 3 months, we managed to clear about 15milion each per month. BUT, the amount of sushi will clearly drive a sane person up the wall (40 stacks of sole per week). So, if you know a fisherman, its good to make deals with them. You both will profit from them.

Also, make deals with your linkshell on petfood, pet jugs, juices, and fishing bait. You would be surprised offierring to the linkshell at a small discount will make quite a profit.

If you watch what is selling, what is selling out, and what people are buying and eating, you can make quite a profit, but it is time consuming.

I have always viewed cooking as my job - it covers my daily living expenses, and perhaps will buy smaller armor and weapons. For large chunks of cash, I have to rely on other things, or go into volume cooking like the sushi production for a few months.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X