This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profitable cooking at 48ish?

Anything I can make at this level of cooking that will turn a decent profit?

I read crayfish balls, and maybe fishkabobs in the guide in this forum, btu I don't know old that guide is

thanks

Re: Profitable cooking at 48ish?

Hmm. You're past the 31 level breakpoint for HQing Roast Mushrooms. Might try that. Just make sure you do it in a new moon on darksday or watersday for the best results.

Crayfish Balls don't make you much per sale, but the profit compared to the cost is very good. Depending on the fisherman on your server you can only sell them so fast though, so if I were you I'd do a little research on the profit ratios of NQing Apple Pies, Fish Mithkabobs, Meat Mithkabobs, and Jack-o'-Lanterns and mix those into your AH lineup.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

thanks

Comment

You may want to try Pet Food Delta (Earth crystal + Rye Flour + Distilled Water + Bird Egg + Land Crab Meat). I haven’t made those in over a year, but when I did Crab meat was 4k a stack and I still could make 20-25k profit an hour. They should still bring in a decent profit with max fame selling to npc’s.
        mo0

Comment

Roast mushroom, meat mithkabob, fish kabob, apple pies. If... *if* you don't buy your mats from AH but instead farm/fish/buy your mats cheap from regional vendors then these are all profitable
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

used to do the pet food, that isn't the profitable now that there is another pet food that takes coeurl meat that is even more profitable than ever.
            Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
            Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

There's not much in cooking below level 70 that's anything above "mildly" profitable. Cooking is so ridiculously easy to raise to 60 that pretty much anyone who needs those low level foods generally just skills it and makes it themselves unless they're in a hurry.

Icemage

Comment

Insect balls work too. Low profit margin, super fast turnover rate.

I can typically sell 3 cities worth of AH + 1 mule in Windy overnight or quicker if I price competitively. Obviously not too low.

Comment

Everyone's ideas have been great. One thing to remember with cooking is that a lot of the money that can be made from it is in the HQ version of items.

FYI and a piece of advise, when you get high enough to make sushi, don't do it until you can hq it. It costs more to make (buying from npc and fishing) than it sells for on my server anyways. But the HQ versions make all the money for it.
                  Tienellia
                  Sandy 10 / Windy 6
                  69 Rdm | 65 Smn | 44 Whm | 39 Blm
                  DivineSoulz -- Co-owner
                  Stonars (Dynamis) -- Sackholder
                  Cooking -- 98.7 +1
                  ZM14
                  PM 5-3

"Fight with a sword in your hand, a friend at your back, and magic in your veins"

Comment

Something that worked well for me at that level was Icecap Rolanberry, which skill-caps at 54. You're just about at the point where you can make it regularly for skillups too. The ingredients can be a bit pricey or difficult to farm (gelatin & crawler eggs!!), but usually you can make that back plus a good profit.

You have to be careful about where you sell them though. In Lower Jeuno, the tavern right next to the AH sells Icecaps for 5.5k, so the Jeuno AH prices can fluctuate wildly depending on the supply. If you sell them in Windurst you can usually get 7-9k each, which will net you about 3-5k profit for each sale (at least on Ramuh).

The really good news is after you max your skill on Icecaps, you can immediately switch to Yagudo Drinks, which are VERY profitable and will sell like crazy.
                    Last edited by Olorin401; 06-07-2006, 07:49 AM.
                    Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
                    Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
                    Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

I made mostly pie dough and butter for small profit at that stage. Pet food can be good, And if you want to mass produce insect paste can work.

Comment

Roast Mushrooms/Witchkabobs are a loss on Carby unless you can pull over a 40% HQ rate. Thats by my math anyway. Someone must be making money off of it.
                        66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
                        Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
                        01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
                        01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
                        O)
                        01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

@ 45 I will do some jack o lanterns. Buy the wax for around 40-50k, 2-5k fire crystals and the pumpkins are cheap from npc. The price ranges from 7-10k on my server for each jack. You can get 40-50k profit off a stack. I generally do not break any synths in a stack.
                          Thanks Kazuki.
                          Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by AngryUndead
                            Roast Mushrooms/Witchkabobs are a loss on Carby unless you can pull over a 40% HQ rate. Thats by my math anyway. Someone must be making money off of it.
                            I have that problem right now with my skill item, Melon Pies. People on Ramuh are making them so cheap that it's not even worth it to make them. It got so bad that I won't sell them in the AH anymore - I'll just send them to my mule and run to Selbina to sell overnight.
                            Last edited by Olorin401; 06-07-2006, 02:13 PM.
                            Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
                            Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
                            Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by AngryUndead

Yeah, depends on the server. This is mega profit if you get your own ingredients, which is just time consuming farming, but worthwhile. At that point I make 22% profit after AH fees on NQ and a whopping 540% profit on HQ after AH fees.

Comment

Working...
                              X