Chocobos: Personality=Breed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chocobos: Personality=Breed?

I forgot to mention that I haven't fed my chocobo anything but gyshal greens.

As of today (day 17) it still has an ill-tempered personality (it has never changed since day 5), and all of its stats are still poor.

Also, keep in mind there are five personality statements (including the default) and five breeds (including Rounsey).
    I'll be your best friend, if you give me your soul.
    ~Krondorn, Dark-Blue Mage-Knight of Phoenix.

Happily married to Kirachan since June 3, 2005.

Comment

Mine has not changed since day 5 >.> no mood or personality... no skills and I have no idea why... I have the plans set so she does everything and I only feed her choco vege greens, I walk her every day and I have not done anything >.>; day 18 and 19 she because mature to the next level

Server:Hades
      http://www.myffxi.com/Thott

Comment

Originally posted by Krondorn View Post
        I forgot to mention that I haven't fed my chocobo anything but gyshal greens.

As of today (day 17) it still has an ill-tempered personality (it has never changed since day 5), and all of its stats are still poor.

Also, keep in mind there are five personality statements (including the default) and five breeds (including Rounsey).
        I just cheeked on my little brothers chocobo (he it out of town at the moment so I got stuck raising his chocobo for a few days) but his chocobo was raised the same way as your chocobo In San D'Oria and it is dum... de... dum... Yellow chocobo with white tail feathers

Since I'm guessing allot of chocobos are going to be raised the same way as your's and his chocobo were this will be confirmed or debunked in the next few days as soon as more people hit lucky day 19.

It is ill tempered.
        And all stats are still poor.
        It does not mind any kind of weather.
        It regards him as her parent.
        Last edited by Thrasher; 09-09-2006, 10:11 PM.

Comment

On day 6, her personality became "very sensitive." I'm hoping that is the temperment that Palfreys have. She doesn't have any other interesting developments though. Oh well.

And am I the only one that saw the .dats and thought that the pre-Palfrey purplish-blue choco was cooler than the bright blue one? I may just keep my choco like that if I ever raise one that color. I mean, I could breed her and try to raise a pure-blue while I keep her around as my mount.

Comment

My chocobo is currently 'Irrate' and wants to compete. It's day 20 and I took him for a medium walk where we met other NPC trainers. They did the whole' our bird is better spiel' then when I checked the choco again it gave me the option to compete with others. I did, and it had a lil CS race and whooped their bird pretty good. But after that happened he was still pretty pissed and looked like he wanted to chew some faces off.

I grew him mainly on veggie paste, with some gysh greens on occasion and a vomp carrot when he was 'very responsive to things I gave him'. I did the hankie mini quest, but never got a story or met a choco trainer while he was a chick. Now that he's past the paste stage I'll be feeding him mainly vomp carrots while throwing in some gysh greens and a few other types of carrots. I kinda like his aggressiveness, though I never really intended him to be a racer.

As for coloring, he's yellow with white tips.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I just checked on my chocobo, and guess what: he's black! Unforunately I named him GelberEngel (YellowAngel) assuming he would be yellow... I wish you could change names.
              Attached Files

Comment

Darn... Day 19 and STILL no personality. What have I been doing wrong?

Comment

Yeah, I'm on day 24, and my bird still hasn't developed a personality. Although at day 20 his affection for me changed from "Regards as Parent" to "Wants to be with you all the time". Fed him a mix of 75% Veggie Paste 25% Herb Paste when he was a chick. He prefers Azoph Greens and Vomp Carrots but has no prference to any of the types of training routines, liking them all equally. Finally decided to screw it and I'm gonna shove Vomp Carrots down his throat for the rest of his life and concentrate on "Plays with Children" and "Exercise in a Group" hoping I get a bird that will ride for a long time and can dig special stuff up. Haven't tried fedding him worms yet. I will when my next harvest comes in and hopefull I at least get one of each type.

Comment

I decided to just wing it with my Choco and try doing random things that I like myself, she listens to music every day, and I feed her random things...ranging from Vegetable paste to Azouph to Gyshal Greens to Vomp Carrots, just random different things, so she'll stay interested. :3 She has no personality yet, and I'm only on Day 9 I believe. I've gotten the story CS, started the white hankie, and quite a few other random CS's, as I take her on 3 walks a day. But I hope she turns out blue, and I'll post when mine gets a personality trait @_@ And yea, I plan on keeping her on listening to music until she matures, and taking her on 3 walks a day, and continuously changing her diet, let's see what happens :D

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Mine was a bit warm egg, came out female - no personality yet, no outstanding traits but she's in excellent condition generally, regards me as parent. Hit adolescence today (picked up an egg late due to honeymoon) and has black tailfeathers. No other info yet; she's sick today.

She's prime for mental increases; loves music and walks in town, likes K carrots pretty good, gulps Azouph greens when not being barfy. But no noticeable mental increases have actually occured yet. ><

Comment

Day 25 here. I got something new today; Vega's restless and irritated o_o I've been taking walks with him and competing against that other chocobo and trying out all kinds of stuff... Still he's bored.

Personality developed a bit before he got out of the chick-stage. He's 'ill-tempered'. Color isn't prolly gonna be black or blue because he has white tailfeathers.
                        The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Comment

Im almost done raising my chocobo, on day 29 today! Yestrday he was for 3rd day restless, I had him exersizing in a group, and still that made him irritated. Although i got a message sayong he seems less restless whie exerciseize, I had only let him rest one day of his life out of the egg stage, and I think thats why I got the personality change, today under endurance: substandard! Oh how unfortunate. and everything else still poor. I dont think Iwill have enough time to change it. =(

I read the status change table for each care option, and I think that restin one day every 3 would even your chocobos ability as long as you choose the right care option fo your bird. I never let mine listen to music, just walks and exercising.

If your starting your chocobo make sure not to over look resting!

Intel Q6600 2.55ghz Quad Core CPU
                          4 GB 5400 DDR2 RAM
                          24" Asus & 22" Samsung LCDs
                          Diamon Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5 PCI-E Vid Card
                          2.3TB HD Space
                          850w PSU
                          Custom Painted Armour Case w/ 7 case fans
                          2 Neon Cold Cathodes

Custom painted orange Gaming Armour rig!
                          http://yfrog.com/eopicture166hj

Comment

My chocobo just hit adulthood. I took some pictures in the Sanctuary of Zi'Tah. We match.

As for those of you having problems with your chocobo (i.e. bored, sick, injured, etc.), remember that you wont see the results of your care until the next day.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mine has a personality he became a sensative chocobo and also a weather conditions of liking windy weather. In adolescent phase and yellow with the grayish white tips.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

My chocobo is an adolecent now! as of 29-30 days
                                it had a substadard endurance which changed back to poor with one day of care.
                                but someone tell me how do complete the chocobo whistle quest PLEASE!
                                I want to ride my bird but she has hidden something from me and I have not been able to find it ; ;
                                ________________________________________________
                                Custom built sys

Intel Q6600 2.55ghz Quad Core CPU
                                4 GB 5400 DDR2 RAM
                                24" Asus & 22" Samsung LCDs
                                Diamon Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5 PCI-E Vid Card
                                2.3TB HD Space
                                850w PSU
                                Custom Painted Armour Case w/ 7 case fans
                                2 Neon Cold Cathodes

Custom painted orange Gaming Armour rig!
                                http://yfrog.com/eopicture166hj

Comment

Working...
                                X