X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digging locations and items

hi

just started 'digging' yesterday and here are some places/items i have found (nothing big tho ^^)

WestRonfaure
    - Acorn
    - Pebble

Konschtat Highland
    - ArrowwoodLog
    - Pebble

Pashrow Marshlands
    - Lightning Crystal

Valkurm Dunes
    - Pebble

seems like pebbles can be dug up everywhere

Comment

I found a "Lizard Molt" in South Gust and pebbles.
      **Co-Founder of TheCynicalJadedBastardsWhoUsedToGiveAShitButRealizedThatGetsYouNowhereSoNowWeJustInsultPeopleAndCussALot**
      +302 lvls gained (not including the -20 for purposely deleveling BRD to 45)

If you havent played BST past 35, you havent played BST.

Comment

I grew gyshal greens the other day from seed.
        I will post directions here if anyone is interested in growing their own.:p
        (I grew 10 of them btw)

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlasyl
          I grew gyshal greens the other day from seed.
          I will post directions here if anyone is interested in growing their own.:p
          (I grew 10 of them btw)
          please do give the recipe.

thanks in advance

Comment

Allright.
            I am a noobie at this gardening thing. I don't know if I recorded enough information or not. Would someone please let me know if and what I should be keeping track of.

for 11 gyshal greens I planted veggie seeds on earth day and fed it a wind crystal

Comment

Whats the most valuable item you've dug up with chocobo? Higher dig skill = better item?

Comment

Originally posted by VB-Shiva
                Whats the most valuable item you've dug up with chocobo? Higher dig skill = better item?
                you begin to dig up elemental crystals.
                It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

I always figured there would be an NPC that would ask you to do something like this.

I'll have to go check out Mhaura since you mentioned that when i get home.

Great info Tazirai!
                  raexn:
                  http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?9278

shmeeeee:
                  http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?23348

Comment

choci digging

ok I got interested in chocobo digging after i read this post, so I purchased some greens and went out digging.

Now I'm still waiting for a lower wait time but it's stayed the same as it was from the start.

I've dug up 3 stacks for bonechips
                    2 stacks of rattan lumber
                    2 stacks of cinnamon
                    5 rosewood
                    and 5 danceshrooms

I've even dug up a petrified log 6K on Kujata

It's been very profitable, but also very time consuming

I've spent around 15k total on greens so far.

Now i'm just curiuos to anyone that's "lvld up" their chocobo skill:
                    about how long did the first lvl take.?

thanks for the info tazirai

Comment

curious

I too am curious on how the levling up is done. Do you need to give the "test" item to a npc? or is just digging it up automatically put you to the next level?

Comment

Passing Tests

Tazirai,

I wonder if you can add any more information about passing these tests. Your experiences with them, which zones, how long and anything else you could add.

I blame my digging habit on you, started after reading your post here, which was linked, from the VNboards.

I've had so much fun digging in so many different zones and must have invested over a month’s time along with a small fortune. I've dug everything from bone chips to gold, but my skill hasn't gone up.

I must be doing something wrong and stopped for a bit out of financial need.

So any advice or hints would be great!

Thanks

Revere

Comment

did you say you dug up gold?!
                          also i'd like to know whenever you "pass" the test to lower teh wait time between the dig.
                          Christophe

Comment

Heh not to get anyone excited, I only got gold once and that was about a month ago.

Comment

hehehehe .... if u ask me theres no such thing as this l33t hax0r hidd3n ©h0©b0 l3v3ling skill you're talking about....digging is no different from harvesting items from harvesting points....somewhat random and items vary from zone to zone...and from my research of square's updates the only thing i've found about digging is they made the results vary according to the phase of the moon...i'd watch out for this guy next thing you know he's gonna post a l33t hax0r crazy skilled warp zone to level 1,000,000,000,000,000

P.S. this should be put away in an archive somewhere...not a sticky................................................<sigh>

Comment

edit

the dig results people have found are cool but the whole "secret chocobo leveling" crap is total bs and that should be ignored completely

Comment

Working...
                                X