This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60-80

anyone have anything good to make to lvl from 60-80. im at 50 now so im planning on gettin there in a few days. i have a lil over 1 mil to spend lvlin. and also if you can also put what you need and in what order to make the items used to lvl from 60-80

Re: 60-80

I would suggest you just using the Somepage Guild Recipe Database. I use that when looking to level a craft.

Just give it a 10 level range, and look for the cheapest/easiest synth. I try to go for one that has 2-3 ingredients that stack. So I don't have to buy 6 different items, and two of them don't stack. Just gets annoying. I usually try to look ahead a few levels. I'll go ahead and make something that has a few different items if I'll need the item made later down the line. Makes things a tad easier, and spreads the cost out. So it doesn't hurt so much right now.

However, there maybe other crafters here that can suggest something for Woodworking. I only have Lv.22. Good luck.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

well im lvl 56 right now. but i found allkhazams page and its more than enough help

Comment

im currently 59 trying to bust tarutaru fishing rods, because darksteel bolt heads doubled in price in 2 weeks..

Comment

Originally posted by Bootrot
          im currently 59 trying to bust tarutaru fishing rods, because darksteel bolt heads doubled in price in 2 weeks..
          Yeah, same on Fairy. I think I'm just gonna suck it up and do it, since the bolts themselves are selling for a helluva lot. Should be able to do those then immediately switch to bodkins. They're still selling for farily cheap. What'll suck is the lvl or two I have to switch to Demons. Those just suck. After the late sixties you're pretty well screwed on good synths for ammo and crafting items. If you have a Lu Shang's rod, I blv it caps at 80, so that could be an option, it'll just take a while.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
            Yeah, same on Fairy. I think I'm just gonna suck it up and do it, since the bolts themselves are selling for a helluva lot. Should be able to do those then immediately switch to bodkins. They're still selling for farily cheap. What'll suck is the lvl or two I have to switch to Demons. Those just suck. After the late sixties you're pretty well screwed on good synths for ammo and crafting items. If you have a Lu Shang's rod, I blv it caps at 80, so that could be an option, it'll just take a while.
            Woodworking up to 59 is al breeze, but you pay dearly for every level beyond 59. Some of the newer synths make some level ranges easier, like the Elshimo Palm, but if you're used to the "break-even or maybe make a slight profit" of the earlier levels, you can pretty much forget about it post-60 unless you happen to catch an upswing in prices.

---

Should also be noted that Breaking Lu Shang's Fishing Rod is VERY difficult unless you have extremely high fishing skill. The only fish in the game that can break it are Ryugu Titan, Giant Chirai, Cave Cherax, Tricorn, Titanic Sawtooth, Gugrusaurus, and Lik, and of those, three require fishing guild key items with a minimum skill requirement of 68+, and nearly all being close to impossible to reel in without at least 60 skill even if you have cat-like reflexes... oh, and you can't break your rod on anything that you can't reasonably reel in.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
              Woodworking up to 59 is al breeze, but you pay dearly for every level beyond 59. Some of the newer synths make some level ranges easier, like the Elshimo Palm, but if you're used to the "break-even or maybe make a slight profit" of the earlier levels, you can pretty much forget about it post-60 unless you happen to catch an upswing in prices.

---

Should also be noted that Breaking Lu Shang's Fishing Rod is VERY difficult unless you have extremely high fishing skill. The only fish in the game that can break it are Ryugu Titan, Giant Chirai, Cave Cherax, Tricorn, Titanic Sawtooth, Gugrusaurus, and Lik, and of those, three require fishing guild key items with a minimum skill requirement of 68+, and nearly all being close to impossible to reel in without at least 60 skill even if you have cat-like reflexes... oh, and you can't break your rod on anything that you can't reasonably reel in.

Icemage
              Wasn't planning on the remaining levels being a breeze at all. I've been lucky so far to not lose too much money, from here on out is where it gets fun.

I didn't know that about fishing, I really didn't plan on doing LuShang's myself, I've somewhat mapped out what I plan to be doing from here on out, now I 've just got to sit down and do it.

Thanks for your help Icemage.

Comment

As a ranger I am all about ammo. I am currently leveling Smithing to 60 just so I can get past 59 on Woodworking. I am also working bonecrafting and a bit of goldsmithing.

In wood your levels and consistent money come from ammo. The big money slow sellers are your HQ staves, HQ elemental Staves, and furniture. Otherwise ammo pays the bills.

I found alchemy to be a pure profit all the way to where I am now at 52. It is sooo easy to make a good bit of money fast. Of course the huge money is in Sushi but I am not going down that path. Sorry I got off topic.

If anyone is on Hades send me a PM. I would be more than happy to split a stack of Dst. Bolt Heads 3 ways or more.
                ~Shishimura~ (Hades) Bastok Rank-5
                Woodworking-59|Lumberjack
                Alch-54|Smith-40|Gold-21|Bone-16|Cook-10|Fish-6|Cloth-3|Leather-1
                RNG-53|WAR-37|NIN-27|MNK-23|THF-15|DRG-13|WHM-7|BLM-6|BST-3|SAM-1
                {Empress Hairpin}O {Bounding Boots}O {Fransisca}O
                Ranger AF [O][O][O][O][O][X]

Comment

Because I have fishing skill, I tried to break and repair fishing rods in every opportunity I had.

~63 repairing Tarutaru rod. This one was pretty easy, the cat fish in port sandoria will break this rod just fine. You can isolate cat fish with trout ball bought from fishing guild. Or you can use little worms, but many other fish will bite as well. Can get annoying.

buffer with demon arrows for a bit.

then ~72 tarutaru screen isn't too expensive to train skill on.

And ~73 I broke hume rod. Didn't try cat fish on this rod, I broke them on gavial fish with meat ball.

~74 was painful. I took the expensive route and make Commode for a bit. I wanted them for my mog house water energy so wasn't that bad.
                  Then, I made clothespole. total lost, but materials are always available. Besides, I only need 1 skill anyway.

now im 79ish close to 80. Repairing Lu Shang rod was all I do. I wasn't going for wood working skill by the way. repairing lu rod is extremely slow and unreliable (it doesn't break that often.)
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Yeesh. How long do you think it would've taken if you only broke and repaired the Lu Shangs?

And this is kinda an OT question, but what would you recommend for skilling on at 72 with no fishing skill? I'm planning to get to there on Ancient Lumber (very slight profit with no breaks, if I recall correctly) but I'm not sure what to do after that. I leveled Alchemy to try for Kilo Pumps, since it yeilded 66 and NPCing it wasn't too bad, but by the time I could the materials had jumped enough to make it prohibitive again. I'm thinking either Ebony Poles or Commodes now, depending which costs more... I guess I'll see when I get back in game.

Comment

Ancient lumber caps at 72, so you wouldn't be getting points for it. >_>a

I had an easy time with woodworking up to the point where I hit 69. I'm at 69.6 now. Ancient lumber dropped by 175k a stack after I had made some (it kept getting returned to me). I'm leveling up subcrafts so I can make whatever I feel like now.
                      Generic Info!

Comment

Dark Steel Lance to 75? AH or desynth and pray for Dark Steel ingot?
                        Bureau to 75?

Elemental Staff?
                        ~Shishimura~ (Hades) Bastok Rank-5
                        Woodworking-59|Lumberjack
                        Alch-54|Smith-40|Gold-21|Bone-16|Cook-10|Fish-6|Cloth-3|Leather-1
                        RNG-53|WAR-37|NIN-27|MNK-23|THF-15|DRG-13|WHM-7|BLM-6|BST-3|SAM-1
                        {Empress Hairpin}O {Bounding Boots}O {Fransisca}O
                        Ranger AF [O][O][O][O][O][X]

Comment

This was the post-60 skillup path I took, and it's been working out decently well so far. The caveat is that up to the middle of Kabura Arrows, this was all pre-arrow/bolthead patch.

60-62 Darksteel Bolts
                          Might be best to start at 59, just because a stack of 99 bolt heads will last quite a while. Sold on AH.

62-65 Tarutaru Fishing Rod
                          I npc'ed them for pretty much a total loss, but considering it's a post-60 skillup synth, it wasn't that expensive.

65-69 Demon Arrows
                          Again, with the arrow/bolthead patch, plan on making a ton of arrows. Sold on AH.

69-72 Ancient Lumber
                          This was a profit for me at the time, although slight. The thing I think that keeps WWs away from this synth is its high investment cost. But it should be worth it unless other WWs on your server skilling up on it are undercutting like crazy.

72-74 Hume Fishing Rod
                          I npc'ed these as well. Pretty decent loss, but I looked forward to skillup synths like this that I could just synth and sell to clear inv space. Plus, it's only 2 levels.

74-77 Clothespole
                          Same as above. I npc'd these for more loss, but it's not gut-busting loss. These levels should set you back several hundred k, but it won't put anyone in the poorhouse.

77-81 Cabinets
                          I don't really know why WWs try and avoid synths like these to skillup on. Sure, they don't stack, but they should turn a profit on the AH. These sold very, very quickly when I made them. Oak lumber should be around 70-80k a stack, as that's how much it should cost you to make if you buy oak logs from the airship vendor.

81-91 Kabura Arrows
                          I bit the bullet on these, but they at least npc for something like 98g per arrow. Caveats include: needing the two GP items as well as Adv Support to make these reliably up to around 84-85, needing the inv space for all those silly ram horns, and of course, needing 53 Bonecraft in order to make the synth.

This is where I am currently, 91+3, as well as taking a break from the game. When I return, I'll look into my skillup options, but after 95 it looks like a total loss. I know, cry us WWs a river: we don't start losing our shirts until we get to 95 in our craft.

As always, my experiences are based on my server economy, so your numbers and accounting may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by eisenzahn
                            69-72 Ancient Lumber
                            This was a profit for me at the time, although slight. The thing I think that keeps WWs away from this synth is its high investment cost. But it should be worth it unless other WWs on your server skilling up on it are undercutting like crazy.
                            Yup, got undercut like a bitch on these. That and several people making their way up in WW were willing to shell out 40k+ a log and then resell at 250k a stack. Finally got to 71 and I'm done with them. Skillups getting WAY too slow to justify the gil sink.

72-74 Hume Fishing Rod
                            I npc'ed these as well. Pretty decent loss, but I looked forward to skillup synths like this that I could just synth and sell to clear inv space. Plus, it's only 2 levels.

74-77 Clothespole
                            Same as above. I npc'd these for more loss, but it's not gut-busting loss. These levels should set you back several hundred k, but it won't put anyone in the poorhouse.
                            I thought about doing Scimitar cacti in this lvl range. Just about everything can be bought cheap from npc's, just not sure where you'd npc the results at. Could be an acceptable loss, I'm not sure.

77-81 Cabinets
                            I don't really know why WWs try and avoid synths like these to skillup on. Sure, they don't stack, but they should turn a profit on the AH. These sold very, very quickly when I made them. Oak lumber should be around 70-80k a stack, as that's how much it should cost you to make if you buy oak logs from the airship vendor.

81-91 Kabura Arrows
                            I bit the bullet on these, but they at least npc for something like 98g per arrow. Caveats include: needing the two GP items as well as Adv Support to make these reliably up to around 84-85, needing the inv space for all those silly ram horns, and of course, needing 53 Bonecraft in order to make the synth.
                            I thought about doing Elshimo plams in the late 70's, then starting on Kaburas in the mid 80's. Should save a few levels of high break percentage anyway.

If anyone else has any advice or info, I'd love to hear it.

Comment

The thing that kept me away from the Scimitar Cactus and Elshimo Palm recipes is that, although relatively cheap, they take a couple or so unstackable ingredients; unstackable ingredients that are vendor-bought, but from vendors far, far away from each other. Also, I'm not sure what the BST population is on your server, but Humus should be in rare supply as I doubt any BST uses Flowerpot Bill.

Also, at our level WW, making the Humus will be impossible as we'll HQ most of it, leaving us with useless Rich Humus. (If BSTs aren't using Flowerpot Bill, I have a feeling they aren't using Flowerpot Ben either.) The recipe also uses Elm logs, so that's out, as each log should be whatever stacks of Bast Parchment are going for (i.e. 10K+).

This why I say "I bit the bullet" when it comes to Kabura Arrows. When we're talking skillups throughout WW, nothing really beats arrows, bolts and lumber, for the most part (I mean, most of us will get to 99 WW via skilling up on Lancewood logs. 99!). Faced with the Cactus/Palm options and their unstackable ingredients with long travel times between said ingredients, Kabura Arrows look like a mighty fine skillup option. Even from 10 levels away.

Although I npc'd the vast majority of them, they are decent arrows (highest damage arrow other than PPA, iirc). I've seen semi-decked out RNGs turn back the clock with some gourmet 1.7k+ Sidewinders with them in Dynamis. Never saw the additional effect kick in though. But you might be able to sell what stacks you make on the AH if you're patient.

Comment

Working...
                              X