Is this the craft for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this the craft for me?

Because in the mid levels, you are nowhere near relic, a lot of money making opportunities are very hard or immpossible, and there's many more things to do.

Basically, it's like an 8 year old trying to become the richest man in the world. It's just not gonna happen.

Double Post Edited:
    Oh, and a lot of the people who have 'em have been working at them since dynamis was released.
    Last edited by Feba; 08-20-2006, 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I used to think..."I will get Spharai" lol...then I started doing Dynamis...also, if you think for just a minute...getting a relic weapon that can only be used on one job is a -GIGANTIC- waste >_> I mean look how much gil and time you're going to be spending...if you really are just in love with that weapon I guess it's understandable, but still...it's so much time, and by the time you get say..half way there, what if you're bored of Samurai? :x If I was going to aim for a relic weapon now...which I kind of am, it'd either be Gjallarhorn or Excalibur, Gjallarhorn because it's insanely amazing, and you'd never need another instrument ever again, and Excalibur cause it can be used on multiple jobs, so you're not just using SO much money on one job...I dunno, we're not trying to throw you off of aiming for a long term goal of your GKT, but just trying to warn you at how hard it's going to be.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Well, if you do go through with it, have fun spending your entire life to obtain it. (or spending 1000 dollars buying the gil to obtain it)
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
          Well, if you do go through with it, have fun spending your entire life to obtain it. (or spending 1000 dollars buying the gil to obtain it)
          I pretty much view fully upgraded relic the same way. Once you manage to obtain it, you'll probably so burned out with the game, will you really be able to enjoy it?

Also, 1000 dollars seems very low for how much money you'd have to spend buying gil. Just out of curiosity the other day, I calculated how much gil I could have if I sold all of my gear. It came out to 56M. I did a quick check on IGE, and it would take about 1200 dollars to buy that much gil.

I think the cheapest price for any of the servers was 900 dollars for 50M. Given an estimate from earlier in this thread of anywhere between 300M to 500M for fully upgrading a realic weapon, that means you'd have to spend between $5,400 and $9,000.

Note: I just did the math out of curiosity. I am, in no way, advocating gil buying
          Lyonheart
          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post

I think the cheapest price for any of the servers was 900 dollars for 50M. Given an estimate from earlier in this thread of anywhere between 300M to 500M for fully upgrading a realic weapon, that means you'd have to spend between $5,400 and $9,000.

Note: I just did the math out of curiosity. I am, in no way, advocating gil buying
            wow nice. I was just taking a wild guess. 5,400-9,000 dollars for one piece of gear? This isn't even counting the time that it would take you to FIND all of the shells. Wow.....
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
            X