Is this the craft for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the craft for me?

Honesty im looking for a craft that will greatly assit me in getting me my relic weapon. So I need a craft with a high profit yeild margine. From what im told, bonecraft will do it. Was I mistaken? just need some info on the subject, thankx
    O.O Its Jesus Gundamn!!!!
    People Should Not be afraid of their LS, it is Their LS that should be afraid of its People.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy

Re: Is this the craft for me?

lol u think ur confused i dont even know how to play the game online

Comment

Originally posted by jp_akuma
      lol u think ur confused i dont even know how to play the game online
      and what was the point in posting that?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Cuse i need info on how to play this game i dunno nvm sry

Comment

Originally posted by jp_akuma
          Cuse i need info on how to play this game i dunno nvm sry
          you are posting on the wrong thread. take a look at the stickied newbie threads in the General and FAQ sections.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by DrKakashi
            Honesty im looking for a craft that will greatly assit me in getting me my relic weapon. So I need a craft with a high profit yeild margine. From what im told, bonecraft will do it. Was I mistaken? just need some info on the subject, thankx
            Bonecraft is pretty hit and miss for profits. It's one of the more inexpensive crafts to level, so I'd say if you're looking for big long term profit... don't choose Bonecraft.

Icemage

Comment

another piece of advice is that high profit crafts usually mean high start-up costs.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                another piece of advice is that high profit crafts usually mean high start-up costs.
                Exactly. Woodworking is cheap to start up, and does get rather profitable in the long run, but it doesn't really hit until 100.
                As for bonecraft, from the bonecrafters I've talked to and read posts from, mainly you level bonecraft up for scorp harnesses +1. There are always the items that the HQ go for outrageous amounts, like behe rings +1, but with a 11% HQ rate its not really worth it unless you're signing rings for friends.

EDIT: was off on hq rate
                Last edited by Caspian; 08-19-2006, 09:37 PM.
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Well, do you enjoy working bones into the night? Do you mind if, at times, you have a hard job?

If so, it might be right for you. If you don't mind the hard manual labor, bone working can be a very juicy craft.

Most of the time you will be working with animal bones, so they aren't hard to find. If the thought of working with an part of an animal's body seems disgusting to you, you might want to consider something else.

ok, i'm out of crummy jokes. On a more serious note, if you are only lv72 as your sig states, or if you just recently got lv75, there's a lot of stuff for you to do before you should even think about a relic weapon. a relic weapon will cost, on average, 800-1400m (depends on server and how careful a shopper you are). On top of that, you'll need at least a few dynamis runs for items, possibly weeks of runs just trying to get items if you're unlucky

at the time of the most recent Vana'diel Census (under two months ago), there were only 10 stage 5 GKTN in existance, across all servers. That means that, on average, only one out of three servers even had a Relic GKTN.

This is for a very good reason, as a relic weapon is not something just anyone can do. If you are not devoted enough to find your own way to make money, test the waters in places most people don't even think of, and crunch numbers, relic will be incredibly difficult for you, especially if you don't have an entire LS backing you up on the project.

Most relics that are in existance are not the result of one man's effort, but of an LS who wanted them to have it, or even a lottery in an LS to get it. So usually, people either higher up or more liked in an LS will get support.

Alternatively, LS typically won't give support unless you've shown you have everything needed to upgrade except the dynamis peices, and they like you. No one will help you for free, and if you intend to pay people to spend their time and dynamis runs for you, you'll spend many millions on the repeated runs to attempt NMs multiple times when drop rates are poor, or you fail, etc.

I beleive someone calculated that it would usually take two years worth of dynamis runs for a relic, if you weren't buying anything outside the money you got from dynamis. And again, if you are, that's going to add up to a large amount of money in the end.

Anyway, if you decide to go through with it after you realize that it will be a very long and hard journey, most likely taking over a year of consistant work, at least make stockpile all the ingrediants you'll need to get to at least stage three or four before you start upgrading it, that way if you give up or quit, you won't have wasted items on a gimp weapon, and will at least have something decent to use, if not complete.

Comment

I hope you dont see this as being cocky but

The only time I fail at anything, its at synthing lol

I will get the Amanomurakumo
                    O.O Its Jesus Gundamn!!!!
                    People Should Not be afraid of their LS, it is Their LS that should be afraid of its People.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
                    Final Fantasy

Comment

if that's your attitude, the only craft that will work for you is IGE.

You need to be more patient. You aren't even lv75, and you're already trying to get something that a lot of people have been working on for years.

Comment

Originally posted by DrKakashi
                        I hope you dont see this as being cocky but

The only time I fail at anything, its at synthing lol

I will get the Amanomurakumo
                        You will fail at getting the relic if you don't realize just how much Dynamis currency you're looking at. More specifically, it's 17,800 currency total in the case of Amanomurakumo.

Given the current rate of net inflation, you'll spend a minimum of 300,000,000 gil on the currency if you get it very quickly (impossible to do). In reality, from what I've seen of the people who have completed it, the net cost for currency will vastly increase by the time you're done. Even buying at the maximum sane speed from other players you're still looking at a realistic figure of around 500,000,000+ if you started today on the least expensive servers, and I would certainly find Feba's total to be believable if it takes you a long time.

That's not even considering that you're going to need a lot of help to complete the weapons. There are, at most, 2-3 Dynamis groups per server who have what it takes to acquire Attestations and Fragments.

Icemage

Comment

From what I have read regarding fully upgraded relic weapons, it is the most gil consuming activity in the game. If you want to choose a craft that will help you fully upgrade a relic weapon, I suggest: Goldsmithing, Smithing, and Clothcraft. I don't mean choose one of the 3. I mean multiple characters so you can have multiple 100 crafts.
                          Lyonheart
                          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

More to the point, I should note that even the best Dynamis groups rarely get better than maaaybe 150 currency per run on average. Yes, that means you need the equivalent of ALL the currency from about 120 Dynamis runs to complete a single relic weapon.

Icemage

Comment

It really surprises me that people don't plan ahead for Relic weapons. I'm pretty sure the people are are seriously pushing to do these weapons had plans to do them well before they were Lv.70+ doing Dynamis. Why not do the research when you're in the 40's to find out what you will need exactly. Then start collecting those items THEN. So you're not in some big hurry to do it all once you're Lv.75.

Either way it's going to be a lot of work and a lot of gil. For the first upgrade, it says that you'll need 3 M. Silver pieces. Those are 4~5M each on Lakshmi, last I saw. Then you follow that up with 15 L. Jadeshells, and then 60 100 Byne Bills. I think these are each 3M on my server.

Seems like a lot of people aren't even getting started on raising this currency UNTIL they get their Relic weapon. Why not start when in the mid levels, and get a head start?
                              Odude
                              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Working...
                              X