Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaman stuff sells for about break even prices, unless you happen to be competing with the other smiths trying to sell off their skilling products as well. Even if you were killing the turtle everyday... it's still only one ingot a day... if there's no one else there trying for the turtle. At the rate of about 0.3 skill per 12 synths, you're looking at a few months of poking at the turtle for any appreciable amount of skill.

Relic and Wootz might be cheaper per synth... but they like... almost never sell... so they're pretty much 100% lost gil... like a good number of smithing synths for skill.

As for making Haubergeons and Hauberks for profit... you'd need to either be really lucky or be selling them when the difference between materials and product was huge.

Blowing up one Ingot or Haubergeon can set you back by... quite a bit more than a little.

I've given up on trying to make those for gil, simply because I didn't make 5 million off of it before blowing up 2 ingots (one in a haubergeon synth, one in a hauberk synth) over the past few months. Those pretty much syphoned away all the profts from the other sales I made... and then some.

I don't quite know how many T. has made for profit and if he's blown up any, but I'm not going to be making them except at the request of someone else... if only because I don't have his amount of gil to gamble away.
    Mooo~ >:3

Comment

• Can't Adaman Ores be mined?
      Craft skills:
      Leathercraft: 91+1
      Smithing: 54
      Weaving: 60
      Alchemy: 60
      Bonecraft: 39
      Woodworking: 47
      Cooking: 41
      Goldsmithing: 53
      Fishing: 55

http://s7.invisionfree.com/TheCraft

Comment

• -mining adaman seems impractical for me because you need 3 ores per ingot and god knows how long it would take to get 3 ores out of ifrits.

I am now a 90.3 smith and I can honestly say smithing is the most expensive craft there is to level 90-100. the reason for this is because you only have two options for skilling:

1) recycle 10-20 mil per lvl +fails or
        2) lose up to 2.5 mil per level

no other craft has such tremendous loss at this level. goldsmith which most people say is the most expensive craft can make keonig items for profit which sell faster and cost less to make than smithing items (god knows how much Kaiser handschuls worth). in fact most crafts at the verteran level have recipes which are reasonably cheap to make and sell quickly for a good price. im soooo depressed I leveled smithing and just burst out in tears when I see a clothcrafter HQ 3 spools of twinthread (55 synth) and make 200k profit while I struggle to make darksteel axe +1 (65 synth) and gain 70k profit with 20k loss if NQ. its pretty frustrating considering smithing is infinitely more expensive to level. I've recently been doing death scythes which are a 40k loss/synth on ragnarok server. seems the quickest way to go and HQ is worth about 1 mil. but then again it seems almost impossible to HQ since there is a lvl 59 alchemy sub required. oh yeah, thats another reason smithing sucks. sub skills which are a factor in HQ rate make some things very hard to HQ. making cursed adaman is impractical for skilling because no one buys it. why? because it sucks ass and is expensive thats why - -. sigh... could have had lvl 100 any other guild (cept gold probably) by now...

btw if any of my fellow blacksmiths from ragnarok are reading this... I hate you go die you undercutting mofo.

Comment

• I don't suppose anyone happens to know the correct recipie for the Death Scythe off hand? The few databases I've browsed gave me the following.... which didn't work the few times I tried to make a signed scythe for myself...

1x Darksteel Scythe
          3x Steel Ingot
          1x Yew Lumber
          1x Grass Cloth
          1x Fiend Blood

Fire Crystal.
          Mooo~ >:3

Comment

• odd. maybe they changed the recipe? the no-longer-updated mysterytour has that recipe. ffrecipe has a different one:

fire crystal

steel ingot
            darksteel ingot x3
            yew lumber
            grass cloth
            fiend blood

--Jinni
            war25 whm40 blm75 rdm41 thf45 nin42

Comment

• I can confirm they changed the recipe to the above one after the patch. funny how it was 40k loss pre-patch and its 45k loss now because of rising darksteel prices.

I quit smithing forever, it will never be worth anything. im willing to dlvl all my skill to lvl a certain other craft. for gods sake the gil sellers making darksteel ingots and desynthing backplates make more profit than I do /rant ; ;

Comment

• i love the guide u made Dr!
                im not sure if some1 posted this(takes way too long to read 13 pages)>< but what lvl should I start making an Xiphos? im still lvl 1 in blacksmithing but I just wanna know when i should start making them.
                unless the guide is wrong it says that you need to make one to proceed to the next rank

Comment

• #2: In order to get steel at level 30-odd blacksmithing, you have to get it the slow, cheap way(getting it from gob helms/mail), or the quick, expensive way(buy it off the AH by the stack). I did a little of both. Making steel ingots using the 50-55 skill synths is just a bad, bad idea all around. Anyone at that skill level can make quite a bit of steel as the HQ synth for fire crystal + 4xiron ore. In fact, I get so much steel that way now that it's annoying the hell out of me. I keep winding up with steel that I don't need. I need iron by jove, so give me iron! *)
                  You could keep the steel (50k/stack on my server) and then sell it and use the sold money to buy the iron ingots you need (30k/stack on my server). You make 20k and get the iron ingots you desire still.

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
                  RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

• I'm Smithing 65.X right now, was thinking to continue level it but once I see Darksteel Ingots price after 2 months break I was shocked.........on this way I'm gonna lost like 10k per Darksteel Pick if no losses selling at NPC, this sucks!! Any other recipe for my level?

.........wish I can change to Bonecraft....orz

Comment

• Question. Currently I'm making some ok income with alchemy/cooking and woodworking. But my LS is lacking blacksmiths and wants me to become one. I got my smithing at 50 atm and the only thing I seem to be able to make profits are ingots which are better saved for skill ups anyway.
                      I'm wondering if high level smiths can make any decent profit at all?
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

• Re: Blacksmithing!!!

Most of the income comes from Desynthing stuff. Unfortunately, it's not in blacksmithing that you desynth leatherbelts from. I've wanted to try and desynth claymores but you end up getting stupid things like ash lumber. (HQ3 is 3 or 4 Steel Ingots off 1 claymore). Other than that, you could try to HQ things such as Mercenary Knifes, Those always bring in fairly good income. (oops I killed the market now).
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

this has helped me out alot im currently lv 10 blacksmith and i used 45 stacks of fire crystals makeing tin ignots but no skill up.... then i learned i had to make a xiphos to get it uncapped so to any new smither make sure u its not capped qwhen u try lving it.. i kno that was a newb act of me but i didnt kno just dont want anybody else to mess up like i did :sweat:

Comment

thanks for the guide : )

Comment

Wow this guide helped me a lot, I would have wasted a fortune on beastcoins. I never knew buying the resources from the guild would be so cheap.

Comment

i Know this will probabally sound like a really noobie thing to say but ive only had the game a few days and i want to know how to mine, and where to get a pic axe from. im assuming this is the best way to get the resources for smithing

Comment

Working...
                                X