Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far above cap for a synth do you have to be before you start getting HQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far above cap for a synth do you have to be before you start getting HQ?

How far above cap for a synth do you have to be before you start getting HQ?
    sigpic

(\ /)
    ( . . )
    C(")(")
    ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Re: How far above cap for a synth do you have to be before you start getting HQ?

The three HQ tiers are at 11, 31, 51. 11 above gives about a 10% chance, 31 about 30%, 51 about 50%.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Re: How far above cap for a synth do you have to be before you start getting HQ?

does that apply for all synthesis?
      | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
      2/5 WAR +2
      Farsha(85)

Comment

Everything except desynthesis.

Also, it's possible to HQ at ANY level. Any experienced crafter will tell you that they've HQ'd a skill-up recipe at least once. Just that below the +11 skill tier, your chances are very low. Probably along the lines of 1%.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
          Everything except desynthesis.

Also, it's possible to HQ at ANY level. Any experienced crafter will tell you that they've HQ'd a skill-up recipe at least once. Just that below the +11 skill tier, your chances are very low. Probably along the lines of 1%.
          Don't you have to have an effectual level of above the recipe's skill level? I know the only time I ever hq'd on a skillup was with synthesis support. And it never happened until I started using synth support to keep me above synth level while skilling, which I didn't do until the very end of woodworking.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I haven't crafted in forever but I'm fairly sure I've HQ'd recipes that were 3-5 levels higher than my skill level.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've gotten HQs on skill-up recipes without support, too. I've hardly ever used support so far. I know I've definitely gotten HQs on desynths above my level, but that's a whole other ball of fish.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

That's confirmed for sure, there's a base hq rate probably somewhere along the lines of 1% even when you are under, at, or less than 11 above the skill cap(called T0's by crafters). I myself HQ'd a few stacks of Iron Bullets while doing Alchemy and a few Nodowas doing Smithing. Note that should you get an HQ result, the level of the HQ(HQ1, HQ2, HQ3) is random, skill does not factor into that.

And for desynthesis, if you're high enough to attempt the synth you're high enough to HQ, and desynth recipes appear to have a much higher HQ rate than normal ones, in return for a much higher fail rate even when your skill is much higher than the recipe cap.
                Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  I haven't crafted in forever but I'm fairly sure I've HQ'd recipes that were 3-5 levels higher than my skill level.
                  Odd. I remember going over 100 levels without ever hq'ing a skillup recipe until late in ww'ing when I would finally let my effective level go higher than the skill cap. Before that I would always rearrange gear and synth support to make sure I stayed under it. (Read some weird crafting stuff back in the day.) Ofcourse me being that horribly unlucky would actually be pretty typical.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

The only time I ever HQ'd a synthesis that was above my skill level was when I was synthing on a day that opposed the crystal I was using (i.e. wind crystal on Iceday). I'm fairly sure that is the only situation that will cause an HQ under those circumstances, as I've compared notes with other crafters, who also noted similar results. The HQ chance even there is vanishingly low, though. Probably 1%. Certainly not something to concern yourself over.

Icemage

Comment

Just recently HQ'd a recipe that was over my skill by about 3 levels. Of course, it was a very low level synth since I just started clothcraft on my mifra. Was grass thread from 2 moko grass, which has no HQ and uses a lightning crystal, but I got the HQ animation. Though, for me at least, lightning crystal synths act like desynths to me. I get a bunch of breaks. Just my luck I guess.
                      We know the characters aren't real, we just don't care. :3

Comment

What Icemage said, I'm fairly sure that there is a very tiny chance of a HQ on any synth even if you're below it. I HQ'd a Melon Pie last night even though I'm 3 levels below the synth level in my cooking skill.
                        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I've skilled up on an HQ a couple times.
                          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

In addition to the crafting levels shown in my sig, I'm also up to 69 Alchemy on another mule. And in all of those levels of skill ups, I've only gotten HQs off of skill up attempts about 3 times. I know for a fact that i had image support that put me above the recipe cap on 2 of those HQs, and I'm pretty sure I had effective skill level above cap on the 3rd one.

If you can actually get an HQ when you're skill is below the recipe's cap, it happens very very VERY rarely.
                            Lyonheart
                            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I've gotten like 5 HQs in a skill up synth while lvlng Cooking. It was about 6 levels above my current cooing level. I was making a bst item to call pets. I think it was Blood Broth? Not sure. But I HQ'd it about 5 times IN A ROW, then I failed the next 7-10 synths. I was exstatic when I HQ'd so many, but not when I failed afterwards. But other than that... I never got an HQ from anything else.

I have how ever... Failed Synths about 10 levels lower than my current level.

<Edit>

Sorry. Didn't mean to necro. I didn't notice the last time something was posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X