Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are You Taking Your Meds?!

Dunno.

Trying to finish this popsicle pagoda. So It might stem into an offtopic rant.

Though I wonder how many posters have actually completed ZM or CoP....hrmmm.

/Think
    "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

At all times I have:

2 stacks of Echo Drops
      2 stacks of Antidotes
      1 stack of Eye Drops
      1 stack of Holy Water
      1-2 stacks of Prism Powder
      1-2 stacks of Silent Oils
      2 stacks of whatever food I'm using (generally Sweet Rice Cake)

That's just for normal exp parties. For events and missions, that's another thing altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggai View Post
        I checked both because I always carry echo drops around with me. Nothing worse than a mage silenced.
        Agreed, as a paladin, echo drops help if silenced as a silenced pld can't pull back hate. I also use juice for MP refresh on top of auto refresh as being a galka lvl 35 pld, the Mp pool is still low.

When farming as pld/thf I take antidotes with me in case I get poisoned by a AOE attack from a mob that lasts a long time.

And of course a stack of Prism and silence oils always come in handy when travelling by foot i.e. to get past Hecteyes in Atowa chasm when duoing worms (due to links and presence of air elementals, duoing is improtant around 33-36 as I can't always cast when air elemnt is about).

As for potions and ethers, I only carry them if on missions or BCNM's

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea View Post
          The only ones that i use regularly is silent oils...
          Did I mention I carry Powder and Oil as well? It's just so ubiquitous that I forget it's on me.

Comment

Man, I don't have that much room. I typically take a hi-pot tank and a hi-eth tank to my CoP runs. I can't begin to count how many hi-pots we went through doing 2-5 and 4-2. Good thing 5-3 (moblins) and 6-4 are the only big med-intensive fights left for the crew.

I always have oils and powders as I hate to make mages worry about or wait on me while we're going somewhere. Then with lower levels I carry around antidotes. Now that I'm starting up PLD a bit, I'm starting to carry echo drops with me.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I try not to carry too many gear swaps, but my highest level job is also only 51st level. I've seen Avesta and watched his outfit change completely every time he casts a spell, so I'm dreading the overly-specific gear phase where I have 3 pieces of equipment for every part of my body... Were I on the design team, I would make changing clothes take time (e.g. 1.5 to 10 seconds depending on which thing you're changing and the "weight" of the item).

For instance: Hat/Gloves = 1.5 seconds, Body Armor (Plate): 10 seconds, Body Armor (Light Cloth): 7 seconds.

The only reason I'd do this is that it makes sense... and I like it because it cuts down on the number of pieces of gear people lug around with them and allows for greater leeway wrt consumables.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                I try not to carry too many gear swaps, but my highest level job is also only 51st level. I've seen Avesta and watched his outfit change completely every time he casts a spell, so I'm dreading the overly-specific gear phase where I have 3 pieces of equipment for every part of my body... Were I on the design team, I would make changing clothes take time (e.g. 1.5 to 10 seconds depending on which thing you're changing and the "weight" of the item).
                For instance: Hat/Gloves = 1.5 seconds, Body Armor (Plate): 10 seconds, Body Armor (Light Cloth): 7 seconds.

The only reason I'd do this is that it makes sense... and I like it because it cuts down on the number of pieces of gear people lug around with them and allows for greater leeway wrt consumables.
                Was playing D&D Online with a friend last week (He's trying to get me hooked so he has somebody to party with. lol), and it makes you go through this waiting progress when you swap gear.

However FFXI is set to allow, and almost encourage, gear swaps. As a RDM I gear swap outta habit. lol I carry 8 Staves, 6 to 8 rings, 3 to 5 earrings, 4 hand pieces, 5 neck pieces, 3 to 4 sets of boots, 3 belts, blah blah blah. Just about every one of my macros has 2 or more swaps. Making us wait for gear swaps would cut back on that greatly, and people probably wouldn't carry as much gear around with them either. As much as I would like to carry around maybe a quarter of the stuff I have on me at all times, I would rather not change. Those equipment swaps help me do my job, and has helped me cultivate a reputation I'm proud of.

One side effect of my RDM Gear Swapping Syndrome, is that it's transfered over to my other jobs. As DRK & WAR I have my usual TP build gear, my Atk gear, and STR build for WS. I usually show up to EXP with, if I'm lucky, 5 inventory slots open.
                Odude
                PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I rarely have more than 5 open slots. I have some pre-reserved with Juices or potions, and in certain areas (Kazham for instance), I deliberately fill up my inventory so it doesn't become filled with stupid mandy buds... Yes, I realize I could pass the lot, but I don't usually have a lot of time to run through the treasure box during PT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                    I rarely have more than 5 open slots. I have some pre-reserved with Juices or potions, and in certain areas (Kazham for instance), I deliberately fill up my inventory so it doesn't become filled with stupid mandy buds... Yes, I realize I could pass the lot, but I don't usually have a lot of time to run through the treasure box during PT.
                    Yeah, I must say it can be annoying to have to go in and pass on all the damn Earth and Dark crystals (Odd that Dark Crystals are as annoying as Earth crystals have always been. I remember the days when Dark Crystals were 9~12k a stack!), so my inventory isn't full when I actually get a Beastman or Kindred Seal.

Would be nice to set up an option that allows you to pass on certain items for a while. Fighting Imps you'll get Dark Crystals and Imp wings. Well both are really cheap, so having the system pass on all of them for me while in that party so there's room for other things I might actually like would be really nice.
                    Odude
                    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

When I see a seal, I refrain from replenishing one of my juice/potion slots to hold it.

Comment

Wow, you guys carry so much med O.o; Where is the space come from?!

To me, I only carry the stuff that is needed. Powders and Oils all time when traveling. Med like Echo Drop, Holy Water, etc depends on job and location. Most of my jobs are melee, so the space is for different food, ammo, gear, weapon, ninja tools, etc.

When I see you guys list more than 6 Med at all time, I am stocked 6 slots can fit in one macro for gear swapping.
                        Server: Quetzalcoatl
                        Race: Hume Rank 7
                        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Gobbie Bag #6: Greedalox FTW

When packing full tools, I'm maining NIN, so there's no Juice. Usually I only carry a Toolbag stack of Shihei and a stack of Shihei when going /NIN. I usually leave my Powders at home when /NIN and carry Shinobi-Tabi instead since they're cheaper.

Comment

Even when leveling melee I still carry a couple of stacks of Antidotes, Echo Drops (if NIN or /NIN), and Eye Drops, plus tools, food, etc. While it's great if a mage is there to remove my statuses, I'm not going to be caught in a situation where they can't for some reason and I'm screwed.

But that's me, and I like to be over prepared.

Comment

I carry echo drops at all times. I use the other meds during BCNM battles largely due to the price (i.e. Icarus Wings at 30k a pop), however, I did carry poison potions when I was leveling up my mage jobs outside Kazham in case I was in a situation where you couldn't afford to be put to sleep by Dream Flower (i.e. uninvited goblin).
                              Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                              Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Usually carry a stack of Echo drops on my RDM (mostly for Dynamis...F U birds!!) and when I level PLD (if I am gonna be fighting mobs that can potentially silence me) That is pretty much all I use really. Of course I keep a stack of silent oil and prism powders on me at all times no matter the job(Especially for sky).

Comment

Working...
                                X