X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Taking Your Meds?!

Salutations.

Eauijhkuu Here.

Just wondering how many of you guys take use of medicine on a regular basis; Sometimes, medicine is underrated due to the high pricing of good potions. but good players know how crucial it can be sometimes to pop that emergency Hi-Ether in times of crisis.

How many of you guys are taking your meds on a frequent basis?
    Or is it just too much of a hassle to concern yourself with?

Lemme know what you think.
    During Experience Parties
    25.62%
    Only During Storyline Missions and BCNMs
    59.50%
    I don't use medicines.
    14.88%
    "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Re: Are You Taking Your Meds?!

The only "medicines" I have ever used were yagudo drinks when I attempted to do the level 20 SMN battles (although I failed miserably). I think I also brought along a potion +1 or two, but I never used them. I also tend to bring a few along in promies, but I haven't done those in a while.

It's not that I think they're pointless, it's just that they cost too much for exp parties and most missions because we have healers and refresh to cover it. Not to mention my limited inventory space needed for staves, food, and such. If they were stackable I would probably carry a stack on me, but it just seems like a waste for the time being.

Oh, yes, I do remember when I brought echo drops along for a Dynamis-Windurst and I never needed them, so until I ran out of them I carried them with me to exp parties (really helped with dhalmels in Bibiki Bay).

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
    Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
    Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
    Susan>> Just smaller.
    [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
    [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
    Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
    [GM]Dave>> ...
    [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

I checked both because I always carry echo drops around with me. Nothing worse than a mage silenced.
      Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
      I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

I checked both because I always carry echo drops around with me. Nothing worse than a mage silenced.
        I prefer a mage silenced to them dead XD

I carry echos to... and I used to carry my lucky coconut, but I accidentally ate it when I ment to learn the spell burst after dinging 56 >.>
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

I always have a stack of antidotes and echo drops with me, and I've used hi-pots in dunes parties. For missions, et cetera, it's situational (e.g. I don't need echo drops if I'm going /WAR).

I need to pick up some poison potions for our next lot of prommy runs - thanks for the reminder :D .
          I have heard that those who celebrate life
          walk safely amongst the wild animals.
          When they go into battle, they remain unharmed,
          the animals find no place to attack them
          and weapons are unable to harm them.
          Why? Because they find no place for death in them.

Comment

I always have echo drops on me, often antidotes, poison potions and a stack of mulsum generally. Also depending on where I am, holy waters (go go ls merit parties in Ulu Range!)

In my opinion, any magic user who doesn't carry echo drops is as bad as the melee who won't use food frankly - they are cheap, and can save lives. I often get into wierd situations, hence the poison potions for the sake of being sleep free.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I am a nutball Alchemist. This is my stash:

Antidotes
              Echo Drops
              Remedy Ointment/Remedy [I never throw these unless there's a major problem]
              Hi-potion Drops (or Potion Drops depending on level) [Melee]
              X-Potions x 2-3 (or Potions x 3-5 depending on level) [just 1 for mage jobs]
              Ingredients for more potions:
              Lizard Tails, Sage, Distilled Water, Crystals
              or
              Reishi Mushrooms, Hecteyes Eyes, 2 x Sage, Distilled Water, Crystals

If I'm not RDM, and I need MP, I also carry around 4-8 stacks of fruit plus the requisite stacks of water crystals (half the number as stacks of fruit).

I try not to use my items frivilously. If there's a WHM, I'll still give them a {Silenced} instead of tossing a drop. But if I see Red/Orange HP I usually freak out and throw a Hi-Drop or an X-Potion. The Hi-Drop always goes first b/c they're big and really fast.

I carry Mulsum for SMN only.

Comment

Yeah, I forgot that I try to carry around Mulsum. Nice to pop and get that 10 MP needed to Aspir that worm so I can sleep that other mob.

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
                I prefer a mage silenced to them dead XD
                Often, silenced mages lead to dead tanks which leads to dead parties.
                Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Sabaron.

You are my hero.
                  "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

The only ones that i use regularly is silent oils but with the new chocobo whistle i don't have to use them as often outside, and if i need to be invisible i'm usually always BST/NIN so i can just use tonko and go on my way.

If potions stacked id use them regularly because god knows my bst can use it sometimes and i can afford it now a days but my inventory space is precious and i cant waste it on potions when i can be potential KS or BS.
                    Last edited by pearlsea; 11-08-2006, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I found echo drops kind of situationally useful. After awhile on Toramas with both WHM and SMN, I figured out hate and positioning enough that the stack of echos I carried around just gathered dust. I really only needed to worry about them if I was doing Anticans with a BLM who didn't understand aggro, or we were fighting imps in the Mire. Everything else was pretty easy to figure out a position/range to keep the drop need to a minimum.

That said, I beat Diabolos with almost 25 inventory slots completely filled with medicines for the CoP mission. I don't think I ended up using more than one or two meds the entire time, but I find most CoP BCs hard enough to reach/beat that I may as well just bulldozer it with meds so I'm sure we'll at least get close to winning in the end. I did the lvl 20 SMN battles the same way, full stock, less than half actually used.

The real medicine item I don't think any player should ever be without however is powders and oils. There's no excuse for not carrying at least a handful of each around with you. Sneak and Invis never fail to wear until you're standing directly next to that magic aggro mob and there's nowhere to run for recast.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Hi-potions all the time. Never can tell what's going to happen when soloing. I do give some if I have a lot in my inventory.
                        Antidotes though I just ran out. It's good to have them in Caederva especially for those pesky flies.
                        Remedy for those unknown areas with little-known mobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggai View Post
                          I didn't even know you could check more than one. I thought with these polls it was one or nothing! lol So I voted the same as you did.

If I require MP, I always have Echo Drops on me. Low level mage groups I bring items to make my own Refresh Juices. Usually stuff for Pineapple Juice, but sometimes I'll actually bring Yag Drink items. I started carrying Eye Drops for DRK as well. Damn Flash is insane, and a Two-Handed weapon in the hands of an Elvaan...

For BCNMs I bring what ever items are "taylor-made" for the fight. But unless the BCNM went really well, I never have Potions or Ethers of any kind on me. Matter-a-fact, the only "MP item" I've ever bought were Vile Elixir and Vile Elixir +1 for my Old Fart fight. And by MP Item I mean something like an Ether.

Since ToAU was released, I've bought 4 stacks of Echo Drops. I have 20 of them to a BST who kept getting killed in The Tree due to Silence, and then bought 2 more stacks. I think I've used 2 from that stack. Over the years I've managed to learn the AoE range of nearly ever EXP mob. Party members have noticed this, teased me, and then stayed behind me at all times. lol

Let's not forget Cloaking items too. Silent Oils and Prism Powders if I'm not RDM, and if I'm going to sky I'll bring a few Oils just in case. But I've had pretty good luck when it comes to casting Sneak in Sky.

Originally posted by Lilani View Post
                          Oh, yes, I do remember when I brought echo drops along for a Dynamis-Windurst and I never needed them, so until I ran out of them I carried them with me to exp parties (really helped with dhalmels in Bibiki Bay).
                          FYI Lalani, those Retarded Giraffes in the Bay can only Silence you if you are facing them. Make sure to have your back to them at all times and you'll never need an Echo Drop.
                          Odude
                          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Eauijhkuu is all about collective multiple choice

Comment

Originally posted by Eauijhkuu View Post
                              Eauijhkuu is all about collective multiple choice
                              And apparently about polls! lol About once or twice a week it seems, you manage to pop up a worthwhile poll about something. What will you come up with for next week? (Now that I've put'cha on the spot! )
                              Odude
                              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Working...
                              X