Idea for Goldsmithing and Blacksmithing 1-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Goldsmithing and Blacksmithing 1-20

Based upon what I;ve read I have come up wit han idea how o raise Gold and Blacksmith to al least 20.

This is just a theory and I have yet to test it fully, but here it goes.

First off I was allways low in the gil department so buying the ore was usally out of the question so I mined all of my stuff. I also never made it past lv 30 Thf either time I played the game so I was stuck in the Zuerum Mines a lot.

But based up on all the guides I read here and otehr places, here is my idea.

Mine the Zurn mines for Tin and Copper Ore and make Bronze Ingots out of them until you hit lv 2.

You can use the Zinc Ore you get for a quest and you can sell off the Iron Inots sometimes they are profetable some times not.

Then take those Bronze Ingots and make Bronze Sheets out of them until lv 4.

Then I took those Bronze sheets and made Bronze Scales until lv 10.

==========================

Now here is where both Guilds come in handy.

From lv 10-15 you can make Tine Ingots by useing Tin Ore.

You can also use the Copper Ore that you had been useing fro Bronze Ingots to make Copper Ingots now until lv 3 Goldsmith.

Once you hit Lv 3 Gold smith you can use the Zinc Ore you had been useiung for that quest and make Brass Ingots until lv 9 I think.

Back at Blacksmiothing once you hit lv 15 you can finally start useing all that Iron Ore you find to make Iron Ingot. You can take that to 20

Iron Ore is what I mostly found while mineing that and Pebbles.

at lv 9 you can turn those Brass Ingots into sheets and then at some lv after that and until 20 you can also use the Silver Ore you find to Silver Ingots.

=================================

There you go. now at lv 20 for both Crafts yo ucan make

Silver Ingots = 4 Silver Ores
    Iron Ingots = 4 Iron Ores
    Tin Ingots = 4 Tin Ore
    Bronze Ingots = 3 Copper Ore and 1 Zinc Ore

that way all of the ore you mine up is being used. Just stack them up and sell them for mine yat the AH for profit if it is profitable at the time.

and if you are board you can also make
    Copper Ingots = 4 Copper Ores
    Bronze Ingots = 3 Copper Ore and 1 Tin Ore

But I'm not sure, but the Tin Ore in the Bronze might be betetr to go for the Tin Ingots they mioght be worth more mad the Copper might be better to go for the Brass ingot cause I think that is worth more too.

and like I said before I useally mined all my stuf since I was always poor and coul;d nver aford the prices atthe AH and Guilds.

OK, I hope thios theroy works for you all.

Peace

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Idea for Goldsmithing and Blacksmithing 1-20

I would not recommend Tin Ingots, go with Bronze Bolt Heads instead.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
      I would not recommend Tin Ingots, go with Bronze Bolt Heads instead.
      You mean make Bronze Bolt Heads from 10-15?

I just said Tin Ingots so you had something to do with the Tin you mine up.

Comment

Yes, for 10-15 Smithing. Tin Ingots are pretty worthless, I would just continue to make Bronze Ingots out of the Tin Ore.
        FFXIV Balmung Server
        Tenro Matashi

Comment

Yes, for 10-15 Smithing. Tin Ingots are pretty worthless, I would just continue to make Bronze Ingots out of the Tin Ore.
          OK

My idea was to use the Copper Ore from the Bronze Ingots to make Copepr Ingots and Brass Ingots

Comment

You can buy extra Copper Ore from the Airship Vendors real cheap. You will never mine enough to convert all the zinc and tin you dig up.
            FFXIV Balmung Server
            Tenro Matashi

Comment

You can buy extra Copper Ore from the Airship Vendors real cheap. You will never mine enough to convert all the zinc and tin you dig up.
              Don't you have to be Rank 5 to use the Airship Vendors?

Is Tin and Zinc rare Ore?
              Last edited by Lucky and Elizabeth; 12-02-2007, 03:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to write something.

Comment

Agree with the above commentary.

I actually mined extensively to reach level 30ish on Blacksmithing and Goldsmithing. The proposed method is OK, but:

- I agree with Bronze Boltheads to 14. You can start these very, very early, and they stack much easier than Tin Ingots anyway, which is a major issue when dealing with such space-intensive materials as ores.

- It's not that Tin and Zinc are rare, but rather that you won't get 3 copper for each of the above. The ratio is probbly closer to 2:1.

- I wouldn't even consider doing any of this without at least Rank 5 for airship access. Copper Ore is readily available at all airship vendors 24/7 for a pittance, which means the only thing you need to provide is Fire Crystals and some elbow grease time in the mines. In fact, I'd walk into the mines with a small collection of copper ore bought from the vendors - you'll save some time and inventory space that way.

EDIT:

This is the path I would use today on Blacksmithing:

Blacksmithing:
                Level 0-1: Bronze Ingot (Fire + Tin Ore + 3x Copper Ore) - keep these and continue to make them
                Level 1-5: Pickaxe (Fire + Bronze Ingot + Maple Lumber)
                Level 5-14: Bronze Boltheads (Wind + Bronze Ingot)

NOTE: You will continue to get Tin ore beyond this point - turn these into Bronze Ingots for use later.

Level 14-21: Iron Ingot (Fire + 4xIron Ore)
                Level 21-22: Iron Sheet (Fire + Iron Ingot) - convert all your ingots into sheets at this step
                Level 22-29: Iron Visor (Wind + Iron Sheet + Brass Sheet) - remember those bronze ingots I talked about above? Turn them into sheets and use them here.

EDIT 2: Goldsmithing

Here's my proposed path for early goldsmithing

Level 0-3: Copper Ingot (Fire + 4xCopper Ore)
                Level 3-7: Copper Hairpin (Wind + Copper Ingot)
                Level 3-7: Copper Ingot (Lightning + Copper Hairpin) - this is a desynthesis. It'll break a LOT, but will give you the odd bit of extra ingots and perhaps a rare skillup.
                Level 7-9: Brass Ingot (Zinc + 3xCopper Ore)
                Level 9-17: Brass Hairpin (Wind + Brass Ingot)
                Level 9-17: Brass Ingot (Lightning + Brass Hairpin) - as above, this is also a desynthesis, with lots of breaks, but will give you the rare bit of extra material and a rare shot at a skillup.
                Level 17-20: Silver Ingot (Fire + 4xSilver Ore)
                Level 20-27: Silver Hairpin (Wind + Silver Ingot) - same as above, desynthesis.
                Level 27-31: Silver Ring (Fire + 2xSilver Ingot)
                Level 27-31: Silver Ingot (Lightning + Silver Ring) - desynthesis.

Past this level, things get extremely expensive no matter how you go about it.

Icemage
                Last edited by Icemage; 12-02-2007, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about airship access just for copper ... I don't think I've ever seen it above 10 gil each, and it's usually 9, just going to the guilds.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                    I wouldn't worry about airship access just for copper ... I don't think I've ever seen it above 10 gil each, and it's usually 9, just going to the guilds.
                    Thats good cause it always takes me forever to get the airship pass.

I have had one twice butr I had to cancel and deleate the acounts when I stopped paying.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                    Agree with the above commentary.

I actually mined extensively to reach level 30ish on Blacksmithing and Goldsmithing. The proposed method is OK, but:

- I agree with Bronze Boltheads to 14. You can start these very, very early, and they stack much easier than Tin Ingots anyway, which is a major issue when dealing with such space-intensive materials as ores.

- It's not that Tin and Zinc are rare, but rather that you won't get 3 copper for each of the above. The ratio is probbly closer to 2:1.

- I wouldn't even consider doing any of this without at least Rank 5 for airship access. Copper Ore is readily available at all airship vendors 24/7 for a pittance, which means the only thing you need to provide is Fire Crystals and some elbow grease time in the mines. In fact, I'd walk into the mines with a small collection of copper ore bought from the vendors - you'll save some time and inventory space that way.

EDIT:

This is the path I would use today on Blacksmithing:

Blacksmithing:
                    Level 0-1: Bronze Ingot (Fire + Tin Ore + 3x Copper Ore) - keep these and continue to make them
                    Level 5-14: Bronze Boltheads (Wind + Bronze Ingot)

NOTE: You will continue to get Tin ore beyond this point - turn these into Bronze Ingots for use later.

Level 14-21: Iron Ingot (Fire + 4xIron Ore)
                    Level 21-22: Iron Sheet (Fire + Iron Ingot) - convert all your ingots into sheets at this step
                    Level 22-29: Iron Visor (Wind + Iron Sheet + Brass Sheet) - remember those bronze ingots I talked about above? Turn them into sheets and use them here.

EDIT 2: Goldsmithing

Here's my proposed path for early goldsmithing

Level 0-3: Copper Ingot (Fire + 4xCopper Ore)
                    Level 3-7: Copper Hairpin (Wind + Copper Ingot)
                    Level 3-7: Copper Ingot (Lightning + Copper Hairpin) - this is a desynthesis. It'll break a LOT, but will give you the odd bit of extra ingots and perhaps a rare skillup.
                    Level 7-9: Brass Ingot (Zinc + 3xCopper Ore)
                    Level 9-17: Brass Hairpin (Wind + Brass Ingot)
                    Level 9-17: Brass Ingot (Lightning + Brass Hairpin) - as above, this is also a desynthesis, with lots of breaks, but will give you the rare bit of extra material and a rare shot at a skillup.
                    Level 17-20: Silver Ingot (Fire + 4xSilver Ore)
                    Level 20-27: Silver Hairpin (Wind + Silver Ingot) - same as above, desynthesis.
                    Level 27-31: Silver Ring (Fire + 2xSilver Ingot)
                    Level 27-31: Silver Ingot (Lightning + Silver Ring) - desynthesis.

Past this level, things get extremely expensive no matter how you go about it.

Icemage
                    Thanks, so yo ucan lv both things att he same time at least up to 20-30?
                    ------------------------------------------
                    Actually that sounds like a cool Idea. Maybe I can use these to mine more Ore.
                    Last edited by Lucky and Elizabeth; 12-03-2007, 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky and Elizabeth View Post
                      Thanks, so yo ucan lv both things att he same time at least up to 20-30?
                      Yes. Because you get materials for both crafts in every mining location, it makes the most sense to level them concurrently. The basic materials are similar in both cases; pickaxes, copper ore, fire crystals.

Also note that while you can get copper ore in limited quantities at the guild, those quantities are limited, and the price goes up if the store stock is low when the store opens. Airships are a more convenient way to go about it since they always have stock. You pay a premium for the ticket, of course, but the time savings can not be denied.

Actually that sounds like a cool Idea. Maybe I can use these to mine more Ore.
                      That's the idea.

Icemage

Comment

Yes. Because you get materials for both crafts in every mining location, it makes the most sense to level them concurrently. The basic materials are similar in both cases; pickaxes, copper ore, fire crystals.

Also note that while you can get copper ore in limited quantities at the guild, those quantities are limited, and the price goes up if the store stock is low when the store opens. Airships are a more convenient way to go about it since they always have stock. You pay a premium for the ticket, of course, but the time savings can not be denied.

That's the idea.

Icemage
                        Well when I finally reload the game into my computer and start paying for that again I'll be sure to Try to get to Rank 5 again so I can use your airship idea.

I just hope this time I can get pass lv 30

also I can't beilve I didn't think about Desything to get some Ingots back.

Comment

Just to nitpick some of the levels given there, I'd start the brass and silver synths earlier ... up to 5 levels from cap allows for skillups on failure, and you can use days / moon phase to (hopefully) reduce failures. Also, it's worth looking up things on ffxiah.com and seeing what are straight-up money makers. For example, buying silver beastcoins and synthing to ingots might actually turn a profit (and certainly saves some time if you can do it).

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                            Just to nitpick some of the levels given there, I'd start the brass and silver synths earlier ... up to 5 levels from cap allows for skillups on failure, and you can use days / moon phase to (hopefully) reduce failures. Also, it's worth looking up things on ffxiah.com and seeing what are straight-up money makers. For example, buying silver beastcoins and synthing to ingots might actually turn a profit (and certainly saves some time if you can do it).
                            I stand by my suggestions. Wind crystal + Brass Ingot is still a cheaper synth than Fire + 4xSilver Beastcoin or 4xSilver Ore. Same for copper vs. Brass.

It's not just the skillups that matter - it's the availability of materials and cost involved.

If money is no object and you have plenty of supplies, then sure, knock yourself out.

Incidentally, you can get skillups as far as 10 levels away from the skill cap. Theoretically you can stretch that range even higher with guild support and/or guild point items. Very, very rare when you're far from the skillcap, but they do happen, even if you break the synth - success is obviously going to produce better results, but sometimes that's not what you're after in the first place. I've gotten some skillups on more forgiving synths this way (especially with woodworking ammo synths).

Icemage

Comment

I stand by my suggestions. Wind crystal + Brass Ingot is still a cheaper synth than Fire + 4xSilver Beastcoin or 4xSilver Ore. Same for copper vs. Brass.

It's not just the skillups that matter - it's the availability of materials and cost involved.

If money is no object and you have plenty of supplies, then sure, knock yourself out.

Incidentally, you can get skillups as far as 10 levels away from the skill cap. Theoretically you can stretch that range even higher with guild support and/or guild point items. Very, very rare when you're far from the skillcap, but they do happen, even if you break the synth - success is obviously going to produce better results, but sometimes that's not what you're after in the first place. I've gotten some skillups on more forgiving synths this way (especially with woodworking ammo synths).

Icemage
                              Money ius useally a problem for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X