What craft with 250k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What craft with 250k?

Well i just starting playing again not too long ago about 3 weeks ago and im looking for a craft that would be profitable at low lvls..and i have 250k to spend on it. Is there a craft anyone suggests?

Re: What craft with 250k?

Fishing.

Icemage

Comment

Yeah fishing. I've blown probably 2-3x what funds you have available taking smithing from 1-30, and I haven't really come across any synths that make me say "Wow. I should use this to get rich."

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
      ------
      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by The Will View Post
        Well i just starting playing again not too long ago about 3 weeks ago and im looking for a craft that would be profitable at low lvls..and i have 250k to spend on it. Is there a craft anyone suggests?
        You can profit just doing skill ups on most of the crafts, up to a certain level. You may hit a stretch here and there, but those can be made up for at later stretches.

Clothcraft: many profitable skill up stretches up to level 53
        Goldsmithing: can probably turn a profit overall skilling up to 20
        Leathercrafting: almost any hide-to-leather stage is profitable
        Smithing: can probably turn a profit overall skilling up to 20
        Woodworking: most log-to-lumber stages are profitable, and can become good profit once Lumberjack is obtained

I'll leave it up to you which recipes you need to do to make profits. That's part of your crafter's journey. Not to mention that there are price differences from one server to another. What can be done for small profit on one server might be a small loss on another.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Well I was thinking Woodworking...I plan on lvling RNG. How far of a lvl do you guys think i could get with 250k?

Comment

I think I turned an overall profit taking Woodworking to 60. But then, I also had Smithing leveled so I could make Darksteel Bolt heads, and Bonecrafting was the main craft so I had stuff like scorpion and horn arrowheads.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Cooking is a good craft, everyone needs food. Good sellers are fish miths, meat miths, juices and later on sushi. It also helps to be able to make your own juices out in teh field for mage jobs. so it can make a profit and help you in parties as well.

Comment

Anything is profitable if you farm your own materials.

But if you fish:
                NPC your Lures and AH your fish.
                The Tao of Ren
                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                Originally posted by Kaeko
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

yeah the two best crafts to make a profit on while skilling are cooking and fishing. Everything else I've heard of requires a slight investment...
                  Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                  (have fun MMO players ^^)
                  Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by The Will View Post
                    Well I was thinking Woodworking...I plan on lvling RNG. How far of a lvl do you guys think i could get with 250k?
                    That could buy a lot of Wood and Wind Crystals.

or you could buy Axes and Wind Crytsals and try logging for the wood.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Working...
                    X