Multiple craft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple craft question

I was reading this thread http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/cra...aft-skill.html and came up with a question of my own. I was doing woodworking awhile back when I heard someone comment about how you can only take one craft past 60. If this is true, I was wondering how it is possible that some people have more than one craft that are at or near 100? I want to know this because I am nearing lvl 60 in alchemy (lvl 55.5) and also Woodworking (lvl 59.2).
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Re: Multiple craft question

Some people have mules, that's why you can see in their Bazaar comment something like Woodworking and Goldsmithing at 100. Also, you don't have to have one craft at 100 and all others at 60, it can be kind of a combination, such as one craft at 80, another at 80. I'm not positive about this, but a friend told me he was working towards this goal. And it could be like one at 90 one at 70, if that is true. But otherwise, one craft to 100, and all others cap at 60.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

You can take one craft to lvl 100. If another craft goes above lvl 60 it will deplete from your lvl 100 though you can change your lvl back to 100 if you give up you lvls above 60 in another synth craft. So if your lvl 100 alchemy, and you take cooking to lvl 62, your lvl 100 will move down to 98, but you can move it back up by giving up your 2 cooking lvls. If you were lvl 98 you wouldnt notice any lvl decrease until your cooking is lvl 63. So you can take one synth craft to lvl 100 and all the rest to lvl 60 capped in blue.

Many people will claim they have more than 1 craft to lvl 100 and most of the time, perhaps everytime is because they have a mule lvled up in a craft. It is very valueable to have many crafts lvled ofcourse.

I have a theory that I dont know if it would work or not. I know you can craft above lvl 60 while you have a craft at 100, but it will take your 100 down lvl by lvl down to lvl 60 if you went all the way up. I don't know if after you get some other craft to lvl 100 that you can go back and forth between the crafting guilds and switch them back and forth to 100 and dropping the most recent lvled 100 craft back down, back and forth, on and on. I thought of it while trying to contemplate a way to get more Guild furniture power, but I dont know if it would work. It would be extremely expensive just to try.
      Apothecary Owner
      Mithra
      BLM 75
      RDM 75

Comment

Fishing can be levelled to 100 without affecting other crafts. The sum of the points you have in all other crafts with skill above 60 cannot exceed 40. If the total amount of skill above 60 that you have gets to 41, a point of one of your crafts above 60 will be lost.

AFAIK there are no recipes which require two or more skills above 60. I believe that there was a rumor that the Royal Bed was such an item when it first appeared, but it has been shown to simply "skirt the edge".
        Last edited by Sabaron; 03-30-2007, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Ok, that makes sense now. I didnt even think about crafting mules lol. I'm not sure if I'll go all the way to 100 in alchemy but it may end up being the one i choose. Thanks for your help.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Somehow I think fishing is the cheapest one to level up to 100.

Comment

From what i've heard, fishing is also the slowest.
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------

Comment

Of course it (fishing) is. You don't have to buy stacks and stacks of stuff to fish and if you only hunt small fish with fragile rods and big fish with Composite/Lu shangs (*Ebisu if you get your hands on it*), then you don't even break that. The occasional loss of a lure or rare broken rod is about all you'll see. The rest is purely profit albeit small and arduously earned.
                Last edited by Sabaron; 03-30-2007, 08:55 AM.

Comment

As one who fishes and cooks I can and do verify that the skillups in fishing are considerably fewer and further between than other crafts. However it also costs very little to begin with and shows a really nice profit margin for it's cost.

Comment

Working...
                  X