Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confusion Over Guild Stores Opening/Closing Times. Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion Over Guild Stores Opening/Closing Times. Please Help!

I have decided to type myself out a list of all the opening/closing times of all the guild shops around Vana Diel, but I'm a bit confused as I'm following the info from the "mystery tour" site.

Okay.... so for e.g. the clothcraft guild.
    Obviously the main guild guild is in Windurst, (Woods) but it also mentions Selbina too. (yes, I know where that is. So I don't need any help on this bit)

Then underneath, it says that the opening/closing time is from 8:00 - 23:00.
    But THAT really confuses me, because I don't know whether it just means the opening/closing times for Selbina only, or if it's the same times for Windurst too.

There are other guilds the website mentions where there are 2 guilds the same with this info too.

For e.g. the Goldsmithing Guild in Bastok Markets of which there is also one in Mhaura too. Opening Times from 8:00 - 23:00.
    Are they the same too?

And what about the weekly hoidays in which they are closed? (Firesday, Winsday e.t.c) Are they the same for both guilds of the same type too?

I'm rather confused here! Can anyone help me out please?
    Last edited by Snowball; 03-20-2007, 04:03 PM.
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: Confusion Over Guild Stores Opening/Closing Times. Please Help!

The guild times are the same no matter where in the world you access them.

Comment

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Guild_Merchant

Hours are listed, toward the bottom of the page.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info guys!
        It was very helpful.

By the way, the opening/closing times for the clothcraft guild shop on that wiki.ffxiclopedia.org site and the "mystery tour" site are both different from each other.

One is from 8:00 - 23:00, and the other one is from 6:00 - 21:00.
        Which one is the correct one please?
        (\ /)
        ( . .)
        C('')('')

Comment

No idea; why don't you help everyone by figuring out the correct hours and post back? ^_^
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

That might not be such a bad idea.
            I guess the only way to find out for sure, is to login to the game and wait for these times of the clothcraft guild in windy, and see which one is correct.

I'll post back if/when I find out the correct times.
            (\ /)
            ( . .)
            C('')('')

Comment

Why not use http://www.pyogenes.com/ffxi/timer/v2.html

Comment

Not all guild shops have the same hours of operation.

The Fishing shop on the ferry operates on a different time schedule than the land-based shops, for instance.

Icemage

Comment

Really? I (clearly) didn't know that. But for every other guild that rule holds true, no?

I can't find anything about that anywhere, Icemage. Care to post a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                    Not all guild shops have the same hours of operation.

The Fishing shop on the ferry operates on a different time schedule than the land-based shops, for instance.
                    Yeah, it would be a huge annoyance if the fishing shop on the ferry were closed for the entire trip. Thankfully they're only closed for a total of 2 game-hours, so it's only a slight inconvenience. The guild holiday on the other hand... I wish SE would just get rid of that!

The only other exception to this that I can think of are Tenshodo shops. They're not really guild based, but they operate in much the same way (hours of operation, once-a-week holiday, limited stock with prices linked to sales activity). The various Tenshodo merchants who operate like guild merchants have different holidays and varying hours of operation.

Edit: here are some links to ffrecipe.com, where they have a pretty good NPC search setup. Go to the "Search" option across the top menu bar, then click on "Shop Search" in the interior menu bar. There's a vertical list of Regions, and clicking on one will expand out to show all NPC merchants in that region. Ferry merchants are grouped together under "Etc." Click on the NPC you're interested in (guild merchants are designated as such in the list), and voila, you'll see a ton of info on them, including hours of operation.

And for you wiki fans, they list guild related NPCs on the page with guild information. For instance, here's one for the Fishing Guild.
                    Last edited by LyonheartLakshmi; 03-22-2007, 06:03 AM. Reason: Information links
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I remember the FFXI Firefox plugin being accurate on Guild hours.
                      FFXIV Balmung Server
                      Tenro Matashi
                      PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

I forgot all about the ferry fishing shop!
                        I haven't done any ingame fishing for a while and I'm concentrating on some of the other crafts instead. My fishing is actually one of the highest, (around a measly 4 or 5) so I'm trying to concentrate on getting all my craft skills level with each other.

Anyway...... no one mentioned it, but since I have it down that the weekly holiday (when it's closed) for the fishing guild shop in Windy is lightningsday, then I guess it would be the same for the one on the ferry too, yes?
                        (\ /)
                        ( . .)
                        C('')('')

Comment

Working...
                        X