Synthing Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthing Q

Seeming as you can get skill ups from synthing, can you get them from de-synthing?

I just thought this mighe be a good way to "recycle" the items...

Thanks

Re: Synthing Q

I believe that you can, in fact get them from De-Synthing. Provided of course that you have the skill the desynth that particular item.

Comment

Lol I can only synth Orange Juice so far :p But I plan on power lvling Clothcraft and Leathercraft soon so I can make my own Baron's outfit.

Comment

I'd have to search my notes, but I remember not liking the skill-ups from desynthing. It was something like 1 skill-up per 30 or 40 desynths versus 1 skill-up per 2 synths. However, if you find a profitable desynth and you don't mind the slow skill-ups, there's nothing wrong with going that route. People usually desynth a just-made synth (during skill-up sessions) to help recoup expensive materials when the synth is more or less worthless itself.

Since you're planning on making an HQ Baron's set, you'll need to be well above its skill caps in both Clothcraft and Leathercraft to have a good chance of HQ-ing. And then there's moon phase and day to consider...well, a lot of it's more chance than science.

Good luck! ^^
        They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Nakti View Post
          I'd have to search my notes, but I remember not liking the skill-ups from desynthing. It was something like 1 skill-up per 30 or 40 desynths versus 1 skill-up per 2 synths. However, if you find a profitable desynth and you don't mind the slow skill-ups, there's nothing wrong with going that route. People usually desynth a just-made synth (during skill-up sessions) to help recoup expensive materials when the synth is more or less worthless itself.

Since you're planning on making an HQ Baron's set, you'll need to be well above its skill caps in both Clothcraft and Leathercraft to have a good chance of HQ-ing. And then there's moon phase and day to consider...well, a lot of it's more chance than science.

Good luck! ^^

Thansk for the info.
          Even i didnt ghet skill-ups and just reused the materials like you say, better than nothing.

I never said (or even thought) about making a HQ set - I am extremely impatient and ill struggle to get to 25 Clothcraft without some serious discipline!

A standard set will do for me. On somepage it says lvl25, but I should be ableto do it at lvl...20 say? Just that Orange Juice is listed as lvl10 and I can make it ok with lvl 5 cooking.

Comment

Baron's IS the HQ set of Trader's. You need about 75 Clothcraft and 75 Leathercraft for a 50% chance of obtaining Baron's, and 55 each for a 30% chance
            Originally posted by Ellipses
            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
            Originally posted by MCLV
            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
            More Sig:

Comment

/blush

Great....

Looks like Ill either have to get someone to make it for me, farm a mil or settle for Traders with no buffs...

/sigh this just gets better

Comment

Skillups from desynthing are indeed minimal, but can be very profitable if you have the time to invest in them.

As for wanting full Baron's set, why? It's not *that* great, especially at the prices it can go for...
                Likibiki ~ Crusher of Dreams
                75 Summoner
                58 White Mage
                Pandemonium Server

Comment

I say Barons, thats all thats been suggested to me :p

I am an Elvaan Smn, want lvl20 gear so I can use them for BCNM. Needs +MP and +MND/INT would be nice.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

SMN don't need INT and the benefits from MND are negligible.

There are MP earrings (2-4mp or so each)... you won't be able to afford Astral Rings... probably go with MND rings as I don't think there's much else around that's not rare/ex.

Don't stress too much about having millions in gear for a paltry +20mp or so, concentrate on getting your avatars, learning how they work, and learning how to play your role effectively.

MP comes later, when you can get your RSE...
                    Likibiki ~ Crusher of Dreams
                    75 Summoner
                    58 White Mage
                    Pandemonium Server

Comment

Note taken.

Just going through somepage now to get a list together of what armour I can get that lvl 20, that I can either afford or quest/farm.

Not doing too bad!!

Comment

Only piece of Baron's gear that's worth getting is the pants (Baron's Slops, +1 MP recovered while healing), and even that's minimal if you're on a budget. The rest of it you can skip safely and replace with less expensive alternatives.

Icemage

Comment

As to the OP, yes, you can use the strategy of desynthing the items you just made in an attempt to squeeze a few more skill ups out of your investment. However, desynth skill ups are not as common as regular synth skill ups.

Also, some items lend themselves to this approach better than others. For example, Scorpion Rings require only one ingredient -- a single scorpion shell. On a successful desynth, you get back 100% of the materials you need to do another synth attempt. Scorpion Rings are an example of the best candidate for "recycling" in this manner.

When I took Smithing to 60 on two of my chars, I did Iron Subligar from 41 to 45 both times. Iron Subligar takes 3 different ingredients -- iron sheet, lizard skin, and cotton cloth. A successful desynth of this item will only yield 1/3rd of the materials needed to do another synth attempt. Consequently, it's probably just as cost-effective to NPC the finished product and investing the gil toward more crafting materials rather than spending the time trying to recycle the subligars.

I would only suggest this recycling strategy if the recipe uses two different ingredients at most, or if the finished product is nearly worthless (i.e. only sells back to NPCs for 10 gil, or something like that).
                          Lyonheart
                          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Well im just making orange juice for another 5 lvls so its just oranges mainly.

Thansk for the info guys

Comment

Working...
                            X