Crystal crafting usage countering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal crafting usage countering?

Yes yes, I thought it was a clever name too. Anyways, I have been experimenting more with building up my crafts and now wonder about something. I did a lot of cloth craft and wood craft, thus I was using many earth and wind crystals. Well now to move forward with my Woodwork, I need to develop some Blacksmith skills. Sadly I am getting a lot of breaks from fire crystals. So I experimented with other skills and other crystals (not earth and wind) and my skill ups and successes have been very poor. I then went back out of curiosity to skills that use earth and wind, and it was just as productive as before I switched. So in theory, does anyone think that maybe your character becomes "attuned" to certain types of crystals? Or maybe Windy people are just naturally better with Bone, Cloth, and Food whilst Sandy with Metals and Wood, and Basty with Metals and Alchemy. Thoughts?

Re: Crystal crafting usage countering?

My explanation for this would be that the randomness of crafting is giving you the impression that certain crystals gives better success and skill rate. Or that maybe you are synthing with a larger skill gap on when you use the crystals that breaks more.

Over a limited number of synths can it look like skillup, success and HQ relates strongly to parameters (like moon, direction, day or in your case crystal affinity). But in my experience will traces of such relations become hardly noticable when the number of synths get really high.

Comment

I didn't notice that my Windurstian character fared any worse with any guild or with any particular crystal.

However, some types of synths do seem more productive than others. Desynthesis recipes in particular give extremely rare skillups, and I've run into isolated cases of some synths that simply don't like to give skillups at all (while others, such as the ones involving the crafting key items, seem to give slightly better skillups).

Icemage

Comment

One possibility is your Mog House Furniture setup affecting your synthesis results. Even if you do not get one of the synthesis related mogenhancements (e.g. Mogenhancement: Fire), I think the type of elemental energy in your Mog House and its strength can affect your synthesis results.

I don't have any hard evidence to support this theory. I just remember having overwhelming Lightning energy in my Mog House for desynthesis. I used to be able to successfully desynth two items for every critical failure. I then rearranged my furniture to switch between mogenhancements, and had to settle for powerful Lightning energy. It seemed like my desynth results decreased to about 1 successful desynth to every critical failure.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
        X