X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chuggaaaaaa

Warrior is a melee power house at all levels
    Fixed.
    Whm is the healer. They sti back and heal everyone. They can melee, but they kill slowly at first. They are hard to level with out a sub from 1-10
    Not really; they have access to Cure, which is the most important thing to have when soloing 1-10. A good weapon, meat jerky, Signet and FoV takes care of the rest.
    Last edited by Armando; 09-30-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      Not really; they have access to Cure, which is the most important thing to have when soloing 1-10. A good weapon, meat jerky, Signet and FoV takes care of the rest.
      But, for some one that is inexperianced in the game and does not know how to play it. Or can even afford the food, and a decent weapon (AKA Newbie), it can be quite difficult.

Comment

Any class can have a hard time leveling 1-10 if the player doesn't know what he's doing. It's only fair to consider the maximum potential the class can achieve.

The very very very first newbie quest gives you 6 strips of Meat Jerky - the staple low level solo food - just for talking to an NPC that's practically right next to the quest starter. The best Lv.1 club, Ash Club, costs a measly 74 gil without fame; if my memory serves you start the game with 100g, and get 50 more for redeeming your Adventurer's Coupon. 124g will buy you a Lauan Shield. Save for not having a hat, there's not a whole lot else to actually buy at level 1. Not only do you start with enough money to upgrade your weapon right off the bat, at low levels you practically shit money from all the drops because of how quickly stuff dies and how few your expenses are. Not to mention FoV giving you free gil and a Refresh effect that's absolutely overpowered at level 1. What's more, the 3rd tutorial quest gives you a coupon for a free EXP ring so you don't even have to wait 'til you've got the CP. Oh yeah and random potions and stuff off treasure caskets.

Sure, a newbie might not know everything. But that's what we're here for. Your comment would lead him to believe he'll have a hard time if he starts as WHM, and that's absolutely not true. Soloing 1-10 has never, ever been easier.
        Last edited by Armando; 09-30-2009, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I had forgotten about that newbie quest as most of us never had that easy of a start to the game. Same for the FoV, but they still have to know what the FoV is and where the books are and how to use it. FoV and Food doesnt gaurntee you will get to lvl 1-10 easy either. Even with food, regen, and refresh from FoV you can still die, and then you lose that food, and the points you spent on those FoV buffs.

Comment

I had forgotten about that newbie quest as most of us never had that easy of a start to the game. Same for the FoV, but they still have to know what the FoV is and where the books are and how to use it.
            Moot point, we've mentioned it enough times that he'll eventually ask or look it up himself. The books are RIGHT NEXT TO THE GATES anyways. And in the outposts. They're damned hard to miss, and they explain their purpose to you if you talk to them.
            Even with food, regen, and refresh from FoV you can still die, and then you lose that food, and the points you spent on those FoV buffs.
            If you have all that and stick to EP mobs it's damned impossible to die with any sort of regularity. Yes death happens occasionally, but it's a non-issue 1-10.

Comment

You guys lost me....lol

Also, how long does it take to install the game on the 360?

Hate that whack Playonline viewer...

Comment

We where just having a... "Debate" XD

Well, when I first installed it on my PC it took me about 17 hours. 1 hour to install PoL, and FFXI. 16 hours for the updates. I do have a fast internet connection, but I think they capped out the MBPS though. I remember seeing something about that some where.

((Also... My Machine is kinda slow at times. Could have been one its slow days lol))

Comment

Yeah, I remember it being a long ass installation process when it was in beta....I see nothing has changed....lol

Comment

Working...
                  X