Decided to join up here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided to join up here

I have been away from FFXI for about 8 months. I use the Xbox 360 version and had my machine returned to MS just before Christmas. On trying to play the game again I got the error message that seems to have affected others (in the Tech section here) as the game would not run. I have a "temporary" fix in that I replaced my original 20 Gb disk with the 120 Gb one which cleared the old one. I have installed the game on the 20 Gb disk (took about 12 hours to complete). and restore my gamertag to that for playing the game.

I have got some reasonably levelled jobs for my Elf...

WHM Lvl 33
    RDM Lvl 25
    BLM Lv 25
    BRD Lvl 16
    DRG Lvl 16
    SMN Lvl 13

Those being my most levelled jobs. I have some of the others below Lvl 10.

I am on Phoenix and would rather like to try to get the remaining jobs... mainly Blue Mage and Puppet Master though the others would be useful to obtain. I have asked for help on a non-FFXI forum, as it is better to have first hand experience of obtaining the new jobs, but have had no response yet.

Re: Decided to join up here

Welcome to the boards. \(o_o)/

Here's the biggest piece of advice most people can give you: http://ffxiclopedia.org/ .

Anyway, enjoy your stay. ^^/
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Well welcome, I am on bahamut but I just restarted myself so I know how it feels. For those like that all I can recommend is getting through the easy stuff and stuff like go here for cut scenes through dangerous areas with a keen eye, a stack of silent pots and invisible powder. But when it comes down to unavoidable fights there is always shouting, but first you have to get to Aht. But don't forget to post in your specific server forum.

Best of Luck to you
      and Stay Gold

Comment

I realised the Tech information on the non-starting of the game was on another forum... doh! I joined here as there seemed a lot of useful information here. I am a member at the forum associated with my Linkshell, but that seems pretty dead now.

I am not really a new player. I have kept my account up to date during my (sometimes extended) periods of not playing the game. Having said that it felt like I had to learn everything again on returning to the game. At least I remembered the command to communicate with my Linkshell (something I have not always managed)! On my first foray into the game in 8 months I ended up just levelling my Summoning Magic.

If anyone on Phoenix uses the 360 version of the game, my Gamertag is RogsR34UK (which incidentally is my PSN ID as well). I seem to use the PS3 for posting on forums nowadays as it is more convenient than my PC!

Comment

Working...
        X