Error Code:POL-0011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Code:POL-0011

So I downloaded the trial version of FFXI last week to see if it was worth buying. And finally when I registered and tried to log in, it verifies... and verifies... and verifies, until it eventually comes up with, "The network is busy or there is no response from the server. Please try again later or verify that cables, networking devices, and network settings are properly configured.". Now, I've looked through the forums on here and lots of other sites and understand that this happens mostly during times of updates, while the server is busy. But this has been happening for the last week. Also, I've checked the files, and set my default broswer to IE and disabled my firewall. Can anyone help? This looks like a really good game, and I'd be annoyed not to try it, and maybe even get it.

Thanks in advance.

PS, if someone else has exactly the same problem as I do and has already been solved on the forums... link and sorry for wasting your time.
    Last edited by Peryl; 01-15-2009, 08:42 AM.

Re: Error CodeOL-0011

What is ur OP System? I know there is a hickup with Vista, but i don't know the solution for that.

Comment

XP, tried Vista, hated it.

Comment

No idea, sorry, unless the server is down, or we have a big update, you souldn't be getting that message. But i'm not a computer savvy as the others on here, maybe they can help.

Comment

Alright, thanks alot anyway.

Comment

Do you use a router? Did you try plugging the pc directly into the modem if you do have one? Did you disable any unneccessary programs that could be running in the background?
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

No, routers always seem to have connection problems. Yes. I tried closing them, doesn't seem to work.
              Last edited by Peryl; 01-16-2009, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Where are you and who is your ISP? They may be blocking ports.
                FFXIV Balmung Server
                Tenro Matashi
                PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

I forgot to say, Belfast, NI, the ISP is Virgin Media.

Edit: Ah, yup, you're right, PoL doesn't work with Virgin. How annoying. Well, then, looks like I won't be playing any time soon.

wow, someone else in belfast? I thought i was the only one! Well anyway, ive been having the same problem as you. Ive had a few conversations with pol and virgin tech support. The game hasnt worked on virgin since the end of october, and i dont really know why. =/ So far everyone I have spoke to that uses virgin is having the same problem.
                  Last edited by Peryl; 01-16-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X