Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a slight problem

Hi,
    Im having this slight problem that whenever i go on FFXI afer like 20-25mins of gaming it will disconnect me. Ive played before like 2yrs ago and never encountered the problem but now that ive started again it keeps disconnecting me .

Any help would be really appreciated but please try nt to use very technical language becuz i wont uinderstand it .

Thanks in advance!

Re: Having a slight problem

What kind of connection are you using, and do you have a router?
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

umm what do u mean by what sort of connection? but im usng a D-link router (ADSL2+ i think)

Comment

What Susurrus means is....
        Do you have.. Dial up? Broadband? Satelite?
        What you need to do is this.
        If you can remember 2 years ago really well, what has changed since then? Did you switch internet ISP companies? Did you shift from Comcast to Road Runner maybe? Did you change routers if you had a different one before?
        You can also do this.
        Look over all of your cables, are there any cuts in the Cat5 cords at all? I ask this because I work as a Cable dog in the army back in the states.
        Just pretty much, go through, and look over thing to make sure it looks good.

If you find something a miss or have another question post it on here and me or somebody else will check up on it.

Hope that helps a tad.

Comment

well ive checked all the cables and everything and theyre fine, but what ive noticed is that whenever i disconnect my lil icon thing in the bottom right of my screen which is of two monitors is black which means theres like no connectivity. So im guess thats y it disconnects, is there any way i can stop my internet from going to sleep?

and im using tiscali broadband which ive always had and never changed it.

Ty for ur help tho

Comment

This means you might have bad wires, the router might be bad, or something silly and/or small.
            If you change something, start small, and move onto bigger things.
            It sucks when all you had to do was replace a wire when you already went ahead and replaced everything.
            First Off.
            Wires Cat5 Cords. If you have any extra ones or know anybody who has extra ones go ahead and replace the line that goes from your Computer to the Router. If you wanna go big with this, then just replace All of the wires.
            I would suggest calling in Technical support and asking them if they can.
            At any rate, they might be able to help you better than I can. Then again, maybe not.
            If it is the wires then hip hip hooray. It has happened to me before that replacing the Cat5 wires fixed the problem. Don't spend money on new cords if you're not 100% sure. That's why you contrast and compare on Everything you do.
            Try Direct connecting also. If you really wanna find out if it's the Router or the Wires in the house. Find the Modem, find the Cat5 Cord that connects to the Modem, and Connect it to your computer. Now this is where it gets tricky.
            The modem gives off an IP Address yes? Of course you say Yes.
            Now when the Modem is connected to a Router it gives your computer a different IP address than it would be direct connected.
            Each time you switch slots on your router or Direct connect modem to PC you need to unplug the Modem, let it sit for 30 seconds, replug in the modem, let it boot up, show all the lights that usually show up, and wait for your homepage to pop up.

Comment

If you're getting that icon, that means most likely either the cable is bad, or your NIC is bad, or your router (maybe just the slot) is bad. It has to do with that part of the network right there and is something connected poorly (make sure everything is plugged in all the way!), or faulty hardware.
              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

kk thanks everyone for ur help! its been really useful and hopefully i can finally play on the MMO that i like the most

Comment

Working...
                X