Laptop Keyboard Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Keyboard Help

Hey, I'm new to playing and I can't really go anywhere. I don't have a full keyboard and I don't fully know how to work everything. I was wondering if there was anyway I could configure it so I won't have a difficult time playing?

Re: Laptop Keyboard Help

yes. set your keyboard preferences to compact.

Might want to use a full size keyboard plugged into a USB port to make finding it in your config menu easier.

Comment

on mine i hafta hit num lock and then ; to open up the menu, from there flick it over and go to config, search around and you'll find compact settings.

after you set them you can use your normal - button to open it

when you are on compact settings you must use space bar or / to open chat, and (on my laptop) F acts as the + key, to maximize the chat screen as well as sort your inventory etc, any other questions just gimme a shout
      Last edited by Krut; 01-02-2008, 11:25 PM. Reason: forgot somethin
      Be careful whose advice you buy

But be patient with those who give it to you.

Advice is a form of nostalgia dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and reselling it for more than it's worth.

Comment

Thank you for telling me, but I've already figured it out. Took an hour of trying to figure out HOW to open the menu so I could change the settings. I'm fine now. I might get a zboard from my friend or something. Maybe then I'll do better.

Comment

Maybe someday this should make its way into a sticky or something. Not that anyone reads those or uses the search function.

Ctrl or Alt plus the - key (not the num pad one, the one next to 0) will always open the menu, no matter the keyboard or the layout.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Working...
          X