Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoiler Protection and Reputation Points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler Protection and Reputation Points.

Hello everyone, it has come to my attention that people need to use the spoiler protection features of the site and are not aware of its availability. Also, people seem to not be aware of how to use the reputation system or to read it.

-----------
    Spoiler Code

We have two BB Code tags that you can use to protect your fellow posters from spoilers, they are:
    [ spoiler=title ]
    and
    [ spoiler2 ]

Note, you need to remove the spaces at the ends to use it, I put in the spaces so you can see the BBCode and not have it render.

These two will give you two versions, the spoiler=title is an expandable spoiler space, where "Title" is what is the title that is displayed next to the expanding arrow:
    This is a major spoiler

And the spoiler2 one is a highlight to see, type of protection, like this:
    [spoiler2]Yeah, you highlighted me to see the text here.[/spoiler2]

After you use each, please remember to close the BBCode to signify where you want the spoiler to end, so don't forget the /spoiler2 and /spoiler tags (you need to put the end tags in brackets [ ].

Please use these codes as a favor to your fellow posters whom have not seen any movies or the like.

-----------------
    Reputation points

If you will notice under each person's name on the left of each post there is a Rep Power rating, this is the person's reputation points. This is how reputable they are amongst others in the community. If they are in the red, they may have an infamous reputation, while others with a high amount of green and has high points is more famous. This is useful in helping you gauge whom's advice are more "reputable". Of course, take this with a grain of salt, as this rating is affected by people rating others and it is subject to some abuse.

When you hover over each person's rating dots:

It will tell you their approximate rating. Try it on mine to the left.

In order to rate your peers, you can, next to their post find a button like this one:

Click on it, and you can then give reputation points to others. If you think this person have given good insight or advice, rate them higher by "approving" the post. If you think this person is full of it and is being misleading, then rate them lower by "disapproving". Don't forget to add comments to your rating. If everyone does this occassionally and appropriately, then this will help the community as a whole.

Please remember, however, those caught severely abusing the reputation system will be warned. Also, of course, Admin's reputation powers and points are different, so Admin's reputation points are not included in this category.
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Re: Spoiler Protection and Reputation Points.

spoilers does ruin the game. especially for me since im not even 30% into the game.

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

I find it extremely annoying that people forcefully lower their reputation just to stand out, damn posers -.-', it's sad really, and it degrades them to allakazham trolls.

In my opinion reputation should just be removed, i don't think it contributes to anyone's benefit, but that's me.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Well, if the system is not abused it could be very benficial. Not everyone hangs around here to know who to listen to and who not to. If someone goes spouting off and they don't have a clue in the world what they're talking about someone might get confused.

It's probably not gonna work out that way in practice, but in theory it sounds pretty nice.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
          I find it extremely annoying that people forcefully lower their reputation just to stand out, damn posers -.-', it's sad really, and it degrades them to allakazham trolls.

In my opinion reputation should just be removed, i don't think it contributes to anyone's benefit, but that's me.
          Big difference here is... people can't spam rate forums or people into oblivion. And if something or someone is giving or receiving a large number of rates, it's noticeable and the admins here are pretty responsible and hands-on when it comes to administrating the forums.

Comment

Question about reputation points, if anyone can answer this for me: is there any way to see who has given you rep points, or do they just have to leave their name in the comment? I ask this because in another forum similar to this one, there was a system in place where Premium members could see who gave them rep points, I was wondering if there was something similar here.

Thanks.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree

/dance Balfree

Soon you're gonna tell me you like .... *thinks of something* .... pizza too. >.>
              If so, we probably belong together.[/joke]
              http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                Question about reputation points, if anyone can answer this for me: is there any way to see who has given you rep points, or do they just have to leave their name in the comment? I ask this because in another forum similar to this one, there was a system in place where Premium members could see who gave them rep points, I was wondering if there was something similar here.

Thanks.
                Check the bottom of your control panel. People do not have to leave comments. You can only see the last five however.

Title: Sergeant Major
                SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Originally posted by fastcart
                  Check the bottom of your control panel. People do not have to leave comments. You can only see the last five however.
                  Yeah, I saw that, but the person didn't leave their name so I'm assuming the only way for me to know is if the person doesn't anonymously leave it. Thanks.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know this is gonna be kinda lame but id just like to say...WOOT i finally have 1 Rep Point woohoo!!these kinda things always make me happy.
                    The best part is im pretty new to the forum and game(about 3 days on the forum and 4 days on the game) so im not that knowladgable on FFXI issues
                    I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
                    It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
                    We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
                    Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
                    Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
                    Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Comment

I have gotten 2 lines on my User Control Panel. One I assume was a good because the comment was "Well Said". I am not sure of the other one since it was blank. Do you get something when someone reports your post as "bad"?
                      Thanks Kazuki.
                      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal
                        I have gotten 2 lines on my User Control Panel. One I assume was a good because the comment was "Well Said". I am not sure of the other one since it was blank. Do you get something when someone reports your post as "bad"?
                        Regardless of whether it is a good or bad reputation, the person who gives it to you has the option to leave a message. The only way to tell if it was good or bad is by the color of the square to the left of the message. Red is bad, green is good, and grey - from what I know of other vBulletins - means the person does not have the power to affect your reputation, either negatively or positively. I guess those are the people who have 'Rep Power: 0' under their names.

You will always get that little dot, but people will not always leave you comments. If I leave them, I sign them.
                        sigpic

Comment

I tend to leave messages as well. At least some of the time. Sometimes I don't feel like it, or I'm just rating up something funny or well written, and I don't feel like writing a novel about why.

Comment

I have a question, and it's bugging me because I can't find a pattern.

My Rep Power (as of this post) is 2, and I have 2 little green box things.

The poster above (Aelathir) has 21 power and 1 green block.

AKosygin has 10 power and 6 blocks.

What is the meaning of the blocks, as I can't find a pattern in their relation to Rep Power.
                            The Knight of Faith resigns the dream, only to believe it.

Many tanks to Trita/Tagi for the signature.

Comment

Rep Power: Your ability to give reputation to someone?
                              Green Blocks: Your reputation?

Comment

Working...
                              X