Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanks or Likes?

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    Couldn't you find those discussions just as easily by searching for posts that you liked/thanked?
    Not if I don't remember a specific discussion and just want to browse without going through roughly 3,000 posts.

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    wth, I can't edit the poll either. It's gained sentience; we must destroy it! Damn my hubris for thinking I could control it D:
    THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO TAKE AWAY NICE THINGS
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I honestly don't mind which system to go for really.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I like likes.
        I like thanks.
        I hate notifications.

So, personally, I'd streamline the likes into the thanks and drop the notifications for forum achievements as they're rather spammish.

Comment

I prefer the Thanks system myself. I always have. If I had one gripe about Thanks, it's that it refreshes the entire page now when you do it, which is the only reason I use Like more often. If you can fix Thanks, it's far superior.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Also, I agree with BBQ, the notification thing is obnoxious, especially when I'm checking from my phone.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I disabled the experience system today, so the silly miscounted achievements and their notifications are gone now.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Yeah, 31 days registered lol I've been here for like six years.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Right? Every time I get one it's like a "hooray for the retarded kid" moment, where both me and the forum think the other is the retarded one.

Comment

When can I click on a forum link on the front page and be taken to the very latest post?

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                    When can I click on a forum link on the front page and be taken to the very latest post?
                    I just flipped the switch in the control panel that supposedly should do just that and it broke everything, so probably never. However, at the top of every page in a thread that contains unread posts, there's now a link that says "View First Unread" which does actually work. Twice as many clicks as the old days, but it gets you there.

Comment

In fact, from all sections that I can see, if you look right next to the name of a thread, there's a little blue circle containing 2 downward facing arrows. Clicking that will bring you directly to the first unread post in that thread. That is to say.... the first post that was made since the last time that you visited the thread.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I vote for Thanks, with removing Likes. Unless you can roll Likes into Thanks which...my god this conversation is dumb. But ANYWAY, we're used to Thanks, I like it for the reasons that Cid likes it, and quite frankly, I don't care for the notifications.

Ray's suggestion is a good one tho. I enjoy sarcasm.

Comment

How about a "Hit That" button? Pressing it would like saying "I would hit that" to that specific post.

Comment

But, what if it led to too much confusion? I know of several posts I wouldn't mind hitting. In the face. Until they stopped breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                              But, what if it led to too much confusion? I know of several posts I wouldn't mind hitting. In the face. Until they stopped breathing.
                              I'd hit this.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I didn't know Murphie was into bondage. <_<
                                sigpic
                                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X