Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why move Today's posts below Experience? <_<; (Quick links)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why move Today's posts below Experience? <_<; (Quick links)

Today's posts is used waaaaaaaaay more often. As are subscribed threads and who's online. "Forum Leaders" and Experience should be at the bottom.

Something like:

Today's posts
    Subscribed threads
    Who's online
    Experience
    Forum Leaders

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Or maybe even customizable.

Is that even possible? To select the order and items you want in the quick link list from the user control panel? Doubt it's worth the effort, but it would be nice. XD
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Re: Why move Today's posts below Experience? &lt;_&lt;; (Quick links)

Is there a way to turn off notifications for achievements? Every time I get one I get excited, thinking I got a PM but then I realise it's just telling me about achievements so I get sad.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I didn't touch the menu order, but I don't think it's worth the effort to save the millisecond required to move your mouse an additional 1/4 cm before clicking.

If there is a way to turn experience notifications off, I don't know it, but unless someone cares particularly about it, I think I could turn off the entire experience system.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

There it is again, that sense of impending doom...
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Eh....

Don't worry about it Tasky! Just, step back from the control panel veeeery slowly. If PiNG changed it for some reason he'll probably put it back the way it was eventually.

PS > It isn't the milisecond though, but the couple of seconds it takes for me to click back because after all these years of having Today's posts at the top I just click on the first quick link on auto. orz

PPS > It goes like this:

Me: "I wonder what new and interesting posts I'll find in the forum this time, nya!"

*click, click*

*Experience page loads.*

Me: Doh!
          sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I unhooked the whole exp system. It was one button press. It looks like the software was smart enough to remove all references to it, so the Today's Posts quick link should be back where you were used to it before. (Now you'll open subscribed threads every time because you got used to the new location.) We'll see if anyone complains about it being gone. I sincerely doubt it. I expect me and Yyg are the biggest approval/achievement whores on the forum and we didn't even bother with it. That whole system stopped being cool the minute you stopped being able to buy title changes for other people.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Habits are too strong. (T-T )

I didn't notice the actual change but I would've been sent like 10 times to the experience page just today if it was still enabled. <_<;
              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
              X