So. The Forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So. The Forum.

Thinking it's not just me, at least, considering the rest of my internet is 100% fine, so does the site have an issue we can work out? The past few days, it's been going down a lot.

There was the persistent Database Error over several hours a few days ago and both yesterday and today the forum has not loaded at all - getting that "The page can not be displayed" message.

Does we needz upgrade?
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: So. The Forum.

I think taskmage needs to be fired. What the hell are we paying him for.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I dunno, but he spends a lot of his so-called "work" time not eating Time Mage hats.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        To eat time mage hat shaped cookies.
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I'm a little concerned as well.

About 2-3 times a day I see this:

Interestingly enough, the second link (which says it's a local problem) leads to a proxy (Proxify), which seems to always show it. You can't log in/post, but you can at least keep up with the new posts. But no other proxy that I've been able to find (including my normal paid proxy) can access it though.
          Attached Files
          Kindadarii (Bahamut)
          90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
          70.3 + 2 Woodworking
          52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Cut his daily rations in half.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Okay so another bit of downtime a while ago, the forum came back up at exactly 3 AM, when I went to post, it crapped out again for another 15 minutes. I'm apprehensive about posting this because I don't want the forum to break again.

I don't know how valid this is, but I know that on some other forums I've visited, they've had to cap threads after a certain number of replies - on BG it was after 150 pages (at 20 posts per page, I believe) and on another forum it was after 1000 posts in a thread, at which point a continuation thread would have to be made. This did seem to cut down on forum downtime and database errors on the 1000posts/thread forum so I'm wondering if a similar limit would be a way to save the forums.

Granted we've been a little image heavy lately, so maybe that's part of the issue, too. Though I visit BG and they get a ton more people every day who post images and .gifs and videos and all kinds of bullshit and they're pretty stable, so I'm wondering if we're just running out of space or something?

Just throwing out some suggestions. I hate getting into a good thread or discussion for a while and then the forum crashes for an hour, then you come back and no one's here. That really sucks. So can we like, fix this shit?
              sigpic

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                X