Site Tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Tweaks

I've been messing with some things, mainly removing and consolidating less used forums and adding new forums for FFXIV mirroring our old structure. I can't imagine how I could have broken something doing that, but you know how it goes. If you see anything messed up or have any requests, lemme know.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Site Tweaks

The Journals section of the website seems to have gone kaput, now that I've looked. I've actually browsed those before on a blue moon, as well.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

I've never actually looked at those. >_> I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong with them.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Seems that problem is above my pay grade ...

Comment

Spoiler tags don't work in Safari. The first one on a page works, but every one after that does nothing.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
          Spoiler tags don't work in Safari. The first one on a page works, but every one after that does nothing.
          Same thing with Google Chrome, but it was like that long before you started breaking things.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

The only problem I see is that a site that's supposed to be about FFXI now has half a screen worth of forums at the top of the list for a game that isn't even released yet.

Maybe you could move the FFXIV section after the FFXI section?

Fortunately I can just collapse that shit for now.
            Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
            99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
            F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
            >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
              I've been messing with some things, mainly removing and consolidating less used forums and adding new forums for FFXIV mirroring our old structure. I can't imagine how I could have broken something doing that, but you know how it goes. If you see anything messed up or have any requests, lemme know.
              At least when Taskmage messes around with stuff, he realizes he may have inadvertently broken unrelated stuff in the process. Unlike SE, who is always like, "We had no idea that changing some things might break other things and we are completely baffled that this happened in over seven years of coding this game."

I haven't noticed anything. Then again, any weird stuff going on I might just attribute to being on a new laptop with a new OS, so I'm probably not the best person to beta test for you lol.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                At least when Taskmage messes around with stuff, he realizes he may have inadvertently broken unrelated stuff in the process. Unlike SE, who is always like, "We had no idea that changing some things might break other things and we are completely baffled that this happened in over seven years of coding this game."
                Yes because everyone else does everything so fucking perfectly all the time. Jesus Christ, quit bitching about a game you don't even play.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Hey, how about I was making a joke, shut up and stop taking life so fucking seriously.
                  sigpic

Comment

A joke this time, but not every other damn time you say the same thing. How on earth did I not see that.

loose

Comment

When was the last time I said anything about SE breaking anything in the game? I don't even know what they've updated recently to even comment on that. Maybe last year I might have said something about it, then again, hell if I can remember that far back.

You know what, not even gonna argue, if you don't like my comments put me on ignore. Fucking sick of having to tiptoe on eggshells every time I post here because people wanna QQ that I'm making fun of their precious SE.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Sorry for shitting up your thread, TM, wasn't the intention.
                      sigpic

Comment

No worries >.>

Point taken about the forum order. That's been changed. The spoiler thing mayyy be something I'm able to fix but it'll take some doing on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                          I can't imagine how I could have broken something doing that
                          I just want you to know, my friend, that I never doubted your abilities for a second.

Comment

Post consolidation, how are we supposed to reach "Specific Server Topics" and its sub-forums (e.g. 'Ifrit', where Itazura resides) from http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ ?

(Yes, I know how to get to the Ifrit forum personally, but the question is how are the normal people supposed get to Ifrit's sub-forum looking at the forums's root.)
                            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

You're not. That navigation was removed. I didn't think they would be missed, though to my surprise there has been meaningful activity in those forums since I did that.

Comment

Working...
                              X