Google is being a dick again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google is being a dick again

FFXIonline is marked as having malware again. I'm getting the stupid 'this site might harm your computer.'
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Re: Google is being a dick again

-.- I just turned off my stupid filter. WTF is up with Google and it's hatred of DIV?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
      -.- I just turned off my stupid filter. WTF is up with Google and it's hatred of DIV?
      Maybe Google plays WoW?

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
      WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Truece View Post
        Maybe Google plays Star Wars Galaxies?
        No disrespect for anybody that liked SWG, but I was hella lost when I started playing that game, that's when I switched to FFXI lmao.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

If you're knocking the game in current form, I don't mind ... I used to play SWG, but stopped when they reworked the engine from MMORPG to MMOFPS.

Comment

Weird, I'm not getting it ;x
            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
              If you're knocking the game in current form, I don't mind ... I used to play SWG, but stopped when they reworked the engine from MMORPG to MMOFPS.

Google SWGEmu.

If you havn't heard of it, check it out. A team has re-written all the coding prior to the Combat Upgrade. Its still in beta but they have test servers, also its been in beta for awhile they could be getting close to a final release soon.

Comment

I'm guessing it just started today? I'll look around a bit and see if anything was posted today with a link to something bad. Other than that we're gonna have to wait on an Admin to check it out.
                Thanks, Mhurron.
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

According to the report, Google last visted today (March, 20th), and reported it found "malicious" content. It also says over the past 90 days, it has found suspicious activities 3 times. Quote:

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 92 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-03-20, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-03-20.

Malicious software includes 8 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 12 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including gaoqiong.com/, fuck-hack.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).
                  I'm leaving the links in the post for authenticity, and assuming anyone who follows the links knows what they are doing and how to protect themself, or is a moron.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                  ------
                  Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                  When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I keep getting some prompt on IE to install chinese languages when I visit certain posts on DiV. This never happens with Firefox. I have a hunch its related somehow - because why would I need chinese scripts here?

Comment

A few people have Japanese and/or Chinese characters (I can't tell the difference) in their titles and sig's and such. It could be related to that, but I really have no idea.

Comment

wow, this is crazy, i'm contacting them again right now. WTF

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

So, the main stopbadware.org isn't even listing my site as harmful but google is, is google being prejudice? lol, i guess i'll have to goto google again and see what they say.

Comment

So it's my fault this time? <_<
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

No, that would be crazy and ridicules. I can't submit the site for review through main stopbadware.org, because the site's listed clean there, so i've contacted google.

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                              So it's my fault this time? <_<
                              Do you realize what you've done???!!!!

I didn't intend for it to sound like that. I thought IE might legitimately be trying to install the characters for benign reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X