Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Page News Information - 2/24/2009

Dear FFXIOnline.com members,

I have received messages regarding, Google’s Chrome browsers, and Firefox browsers encountering “Attack Site” message since early this weekend. I have been scanning site files and database of the entire site looking for any possible Malware/Malicious code that anyone may have hacked. However the site has been found CLEAN of any such files/links, and current web hosting service would also immediately contact me and take the entire server down if any attack was being sent from the server.

Google has been contacted in regards to this matter, and in process of waiting for their answer. I have a feeling that only reason this site has been flagged was possibly due to RMT spam Thread / Post was created while Google’s bot was crawling the website. As most of members may know, FFXIOnline never held any Banners / Advertising since last site revamping little more than a year ago. So it rules out any possibility of hacked Banners / Advertising service. I will share any significant answer that I receive from Google.

However upon scanning, I have realized the site has been overdue for software upgrades and re-styling. Tonight, I’ve taken the time to update the forum to latest version and in process, original styling will need more time for me to convert over. I’m temporarily leaving the forums open with no styling applied so site is still accessible. Through this week and probably into next week, I will open sections of the site one by one as they are ready.

Perhaps this would be the best time to implement the features I hoped to have ready last year. I will be working with few people to have site reorganized and get new features ready for everyone to use.

Please be adviced until I get a CLEAR answer from Google, visit this site with caution and always have latest malware/spyware/virus defintion on your computer. Not just for this site, but for sake of your safety while visiting any websites. I will keep everyone posted about anything regarding this situation until it's resolved.

-PiNG

Edit: New update has been posted here: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sit...tml#post828384
    Last edited by PiNG; 02-24-2009, 04:25 PM.

Re: Main Page News Information - 2/24/2009

Great to see you PiNG.
    Everyone greatly appreciates your help.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Glad to see the issues are being addressed, and I look forward to the updates. Thanks PiNG.
      FFXIV Balmung Server
      Tenro Matashi
      PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

I use ping hybrids, and ping 3wood....ya know...come to think of it, I also have a set of G2 Ping Irons.....and a ping putter.

AND I LOVE THEM.

p.s. but I use a nike driver.

Thanks for the updates good sir your site rocks like a boulder.

Comment

Thanks guys. We are officially off the black list now. But I didn't recieve any official word from either companies (Google or Badware). I'm guessing no news is good news at this point.

New things have been added to the site since the update, and there should be less SPAM posts arising from the new SPAM posters because I have Banned Chinese and Russian IP prefixes globally. And 0 posters will not able to post any URLs. I'll keep people updated regarding things being added to the site later on a different post.

Comment

It would seem Goggle is claiming this is a bad site again.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 207 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 108 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-03-22, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-03-22.

Malicious software includes 8 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including xxxxxxxxxxxxx/, fuck-hack.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Working...
            X