Site has malware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site has malware?

According to my google chrome browser at least..
    Attached Files
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: Site has malware?

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
    According to my google chrome browser at least..
    I recommend 'Go Back to Safety.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Start about halfway down this page: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/com...changes-6.html

tl;dr is that it probably does not but it might. As always keep your guard up. PiNG and AKo have been contacted about it.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm getting the same warning--It's annoying

Comment

If you're in FireFox, under Options in the Security tab you can uncheck "Tell me if I'm visiting a suspected attack site" and it will stop bothering you here, but naturally that's probably not a setting you want to leave off full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            tl;dr is that it probably does not but it might.
            It would explain a few things.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
              It would explain a few things.
              What are you thinking of specifically?

Comment

If you're in FireFox, under Options in the Security tab you can uncheck "Tell me if I'm visiting a suspected attack site" and it will stop bothering you here, but naturally that's probably not a setting you want to leave off full time.
                You can also add sites that are an exception to this rule.

I tried posting a thread about this earlier (before this thread popped up), but couldn't with that warning that kept coming up every single page load from this domain. If I click the choice for "ignore warning", I expect the browser to remember that instead of asking me the same thing with every single change in URL while I'm browsing the site.

I may indeed leave that option turned off full time. It isn't just warning me. It's flat out blocking my ability to use a site. I have Adblock and Noscript bolted on and working for a reason. I really don't need this warning-that's-far-more-aggressive-than-just-a-warning feature.
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Yeaaaah, kinda agitating. Though the warning report as to why it's blocked says that in the past malware has infected people twice from this site. Hosted from other places, apparently. One of the listed hosts looked Chinese to me, the other I forget offhand.

So... yah?

Edit: This is what it says

What happened when Google visited this site?
                  Of the 17 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-02-21, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-02-20.Malicious software includes 8 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 15 new processes on the target machine.
                  Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including gaoqiong.com/, fuck-hack.com/.
                  This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).
                  "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

This is what google says about us:
                    Safe Browsing
                    Diagnostic page for ffxionline.com

What is the current listing status for ffxionline.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 17 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-02-21, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-02-20.

Malicious software includes 8 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 15 new processes on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including gaoqiong.com/, fuck-hack.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, ffxionline.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
                    FFXIAH was listed as clean, so it's not that script: Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.ffxiah.com

Again, I haven't been able to replicate the occurrence of any unexpected scripts, so it's probably safe but exercise caution as always. I've sent an email to PiNG and AKo so hopefully they'll be along with a more thorough investigation and get Google to re-review the site before long.

Comment

What are you thinking of specifically?
                      First, that damn warcraft icon that's popped up over the past few days.

However, more specifically, think back a few weeks to when there was that little spam for whatever that online money was. There were two or three threads about it under new posts, all starting with 'someone' asking about the 360 version of FFXI. All three initial posts in the threads were dated 2007. Two of the threads had responses by the time I saw them and those posts were dated correctly in 2009 to be new posts, but there was a thread with just the initial post that was dated 2007 even though it was on the latest 7 posts.

It looked like the first posts had been planted with an old date to look legitimate while still being a place to post the actual followup spam.

It could be nothing, but it just looked very odd to me.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I just ignored it, I hear that works. If you ignore someone who is attempting to mug you at gun/knife point, it's impossible to get shot/stabbed. That's fact.

Comment

So it's safe to say whatever malware that was on here(apparently trojans) is gone now?
                          Originally posted by Ellipses
                          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                          Originally posted by MCLV
                          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                          More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Neomage View Post
                            So it's safe to say whatever malware that was on here(apparently trojans) is gone now?
                            Technically, since so far nothing has really been confirmed or denied, the fact that it may or may not be gone can also neither be confirmed or denied.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                              However, more specifically, think back a few weeks to when there was that little spam for whatever that online money was. There were two or three threads about it under new posts, all starting with 'someone' asking about the 360 version of FFXI. All three initial posts in the threads were dated 2007. Two of the threads had responses by the time I saw them and those posts were dated correctly in 2009 to be new posts, but there was a thread with just the initial post that was dated 2007 even though it was on the latest 7 posts.

It looked like the first posts had been planted with an old date to look legitimate while still being a place to post the actual followup spam.
                              Wow, good eye. What warcraft icon though?

Comment

Working...
                              X