No announcement yet.

What do you click/use the most on DiV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you click/use the most on DiV?

So basically, what links do you click on a regular basis? Do you use the New Posts link to check whats been posted since you were last here? Use the Home link to view the front page? Do you use the Gallery link/Journal link/Quick Links link/etc?

I'm just curious about what features most people use on the website and maybe why you don't use some of the links/features. For me, I find the Search feature for threads a bit irritating at times. I'll put in a word like "bugard" and it will tell me the word isn't long enough or some hooey. I use search features religiously but I find ours to be one that I avoid.

So what about everyone else?
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: What do you click/use the most on DiV?

User CP <--- on occasion
    sigpic

Comment

I use the Top Stats feature religiously. I, on average, put it on Top 20 to see new posts, people, thanks (for future "Thank You" threads ), and whatnot. If I've been gone for a bit (which happend a lot while in the military), I hit up Top 50-200.

General and Off-Topics are also used a bit. The User CP is also useful, as is the VB Plaza. However, I'm with TGM on this one, the Search feature is like eating barbed razor wire. And useless, as well.

Comment

Give an example of a search term that consistently causes the function to fail if you can please.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Yep I also spam New Posts to see if my skill levels up but nothing so far.

Other than that only the main page. Along with the usual CP, Bank, and search, but it isn't very often.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

The main problem I have with search is the fact that even with the advanced search, you mostly get threads that have little relevance to your search terms, even if you try to get specific with them. The caveat to that, however, is the fact that if you try to get too specific, the function craps out on you.

Throw in the words 'chocobo' or 'bugard', and you get about 4-13 threads that have nothing to do with either chocobos or bugards before you get to one that even has any relevance to the subject. Another thing I noticed is that if you add more search parameters, about half of them get ignored, and you don't see where they made a difference until halfway through the list of threads. Even with an "advanced" search, it still takes a good amount of time to find what you're looking for.

My google fu is no slouch, but damn, it still takes even me a few minutes to find anything specific...

Comment

New Posts, Quick Links [Today's Posts], User CP, Thanks! button, Search.

The one thing that irks me about Search is the minimum character amount, it prevents me from typing Store TP =P

Comment

I wonder if there's some way I can add a subset of strings like tp, str, int, CoP and such without making the search engine index every instance words like it, of, to, and, yes ...
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

The minimum string length is 3 characters so 3-letter abbreviations are A-OK. HP, MP, TP, SC, MB, KC, SA, TA, DA, DW, MA, and Ni would be out of the question with the 3-letter minimum though.

EDIT: Can't forget TH or JA.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Keep it coming!
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

^
                      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

New Posts, Quick Links, Front Page(It's what I have bookmarked)

Is there any way to make the website more mobile device friendly? I check it fairly regularly from my phone while at work if it is a slow day.
                        FFXIV Balmung Server
                        Tenro Matashi
                        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

I spam New Posts a lot (I don't have the site bookmarked, but I have the URL for that memorized, so when I come here, I just type that in; I haven't seen the front page or anything in ages). That and search are pretty much the only way I "browse" the forums at all. I update my profile/character info now and then. Deposit gil in the bank fairly regularly. Thanks and Quote buttons. That's about it.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by pixiehawk View Post

User CP <--- on occasion
                            ^^This
                            also Bank <----on Occasion
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X