Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for input on site changes

Google: we hold grudges and shit

also, can we get a nice big "QUOTE SELECTED" buttons to go with the other buttons at the lower right of posts? First of all, missing that means I have to highlight all over again, which is annoying. Secondly, I use that button at least ten times more often than any of the others. Thirdly, it just looks like patchwork.

Comment

Personally I want to see the persons details on the left changed to have the following...

Name
      Title
      Forum title (due to posting)
      Gill
      Bank
      Server Played (Retired if not playing)
      Main character
      Then donate etc.

Personally I don't see why we need to know how many peopel the person has thanked or what forum template tehy have, that can be added to their profile you have to click on.

I would also like to see the return of the RPG.

Also does anyone play the arcade games anymore? could the forum space for that be used elsewhere?

Also maybe a clean up of the off topic section and other sections their are posts dating back to 2002!!! which are all locked and not very relevant now. Keep anything that is still related to the games.

Also the guide posts could do with a clean up, all teh psots where users have added some info that got added to teh OP's post need clearing. as it gets confusing sometimes.

Just a few thoughts....

and the smileys, heres a few I would like to see.....

Last edited by Jarre; 02-21-2009, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
        But google is also saying ffxionline has never been spotted with any malicious crap in the last 90 days atleast so what the shit?
        A- Google completely messed up their malware detection a week or two ago and marked every site they indexed as hosting malware for an hour or so.

B- FFXIonline did have a tracking cookie that might qualify to trip their detection.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I'm getting this "reported attack site" crap too. But worryingly the first time I ignored it and loaded up the main forum page, NoScript DID block a script from gaoqiong dot com. I haven't seen it on any successive page loads. It wouldn't have been the first time this site got hacked, so I would advise everyone to do due diligence and keep their internet condoms on while browsing the site while we figure out of there's anything genuinely wrong. Please PM me right away if you see anything suspicious.

In the meantime, how do I turn this shit off so I can load pages here? >_<
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Ya probably only firefox.

Oi TM speaking of Quote buttons and stuff. Can we get a Dead Space-like interface?

...what? <_<;
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

ffxionline hasn't been spotted with it, but I'm certain FFXIAtlas or FFXIAH likely have. Perhaps linking to them with that little neat flash trick could let some problems piggyback thier way in?

Comment

This is what google says about us:
                Safe Browsing
                Diagnostic page for ffxionline.com

What is the current listing status for ffxionline.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 17 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-02-21, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-02-20.

Malicious software includes 8 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 15 new processes on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including gaoqiong.com/, fuck-hack.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, ffxionline.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
                FFXIAH was listed as clean, so it's not that script: Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.ffxiah.com

Again, I haven't been able to replicate the occurrence of any unexpected scripts, so it's probably safe but exercise caution as always. I've sent an email to PiNG and AKo so hopefully they'll be along with a more thorough investigation and get Google to re-review the site before long.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                  NoScript DID block a script from gaoqiong dot com. I haven't seen it on any successive page loads. It wouldn't have been the first time this site got hacked
                  vBulletin 3.x - Advisories by Product - Secunia Advisories - Vulnerability Information - Secunia.com

Looks like vBulletin is better then phpBB but it's still a PHP product. The site is lagging behind in versions so there look to be a few horrible possible attacks.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Logged on the forum this morning and noticed these little rank-up/rank-down things.

First off, its a bad idea. Alla users have more than proven such a function can be abused. Someone can come and give good information and then some ass can rate your post down just because they don't like you.

Second of all, it seems to apply to certain posters but not all of them, making the idea even worse. This is probably a bug, but the concept is still bad.

Third, its redundant. Users can already use the Thank You button to show appreciation or respect for a post. Those that disagree simply don't have to thank them.

Let's not turn this forum into Alla, the "Thank You" button is more than sufficient for recognizing users. I'll concede that its not a perfect means, as you can still accumulate Thanks for being a complete ass to people, but otherwise, it fills the need for a "rank" function.

Comment

• Re: Looking for input on site changes

ahh, well, good point made, this post +/- system is designed to rank the post, not necessarily show which poster is outstanding in rankings, it's more for search relevance to filter out bad off topic posts from crawlers if need be, and gives users options to actually ignore their - voted posts from thread, giving users options to just leave relevant posts.

However it does have options to show which person has highest rank on post topics, but that should have been off, i'm still missing few settings here and there, but i'll get to it ASAP. I ususally also have the post counts off from the posts, (from thoes days when there were unneccessary spaming issues), when the site is back up and running normally, that'll still need to be set also. Give me few more days, and when i have much more time on the weekends, more things can be done, mean while just let me know of any suggestions via this post.

I'm currently taking all the replies in this thread as something i can work off of.

Comment

Its all good, I know you're busy and all. Just thought I'd point that out.

Rating posts is a nice thought, its just its execution has been proven not-so-great elsewhere. I can't count the times I've seen good info on Alla rated down or defaulted just because of some petty grudge between users.

I've always liked the Thanks button, though, because it really only flows in a positive direction. Good, informative threads will get a bajillion thanks anyway, so lurkers will know just from that its worth a read.

Comment

hah, No Problem, thanks for your inputs! Just think of the +/- rating as "ignore this post" option, i'll set it up so that it won't be something people use to retaliate with.

Comment

Use the red button on Feba everyone. It'l be fun! :D
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Okay I really really really really really really really miss "Quote Selected."

Really.

So because someone complained about the ghetto look of the previous form we had of it, I spent some time in Photoshop to make a button for it so you can bring it back.

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Please!
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Is it just me, or has the style of the forum changed recently? It seems... different. I rather liked the old way, is there any way to go back?
                                Originally posted by Ellipses
                                Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                                Originally posted by MCLV
                                A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                                More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                                X