April Fools pranks that wouldn't have sucked. OR: What went wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Fools pranks that wouldn't have sucked. OR: What went wrong

...i don't get it...other then being an above average looking JP rpg what is it? >_>
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
      Overworking a joke can be pretty mean too, especially when you know it's a joke to begin with.

YouTube - 東方嘘偽樂 -Enjoy April Fool's Day-

The game isn't real, although many people wish it would become so.
      Including me
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
        Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean anything.
        Perhaps it does not. However, if I were the only one who didn't like it, obviously it wouldn't have gone so poorly, would it?

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
        I didn't see you suggesting anything before April 1st.
        I shouldn't have to. It's not exactly hard to come up with a good prank. Those ideas were off the top of my head at 2AM. The mod staff here does have at least a couple intelligent and creative people who could do better if they had sat down for a couple hours and thought about it.

Comment

Wahhing, forums staff didn't "sit down for a few hours" to bring me entertainment on teh forums on one of the must fruitless 'holidays' in existence.

Perhaps it was a childish attempt at a prank, but seriously, who in hell really cares that much. "Oh ha ha, that was a dumb joke and I don't buy it," is really enough to let people know they failed. I just fail to see the reward in flaming mod/staff because some retarded joke on some retarded 'prank day' didn't live up to your expectations.

April fool's day, please fuck the hell off.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
          ------
          Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
          When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

PiNG, AKosygin and I were talking about April Fools Joke to play this year, back during Fan Festival 2007, and PiNG did suggest changing everyone's status to miserable user. (if you know what it is, cool, if not, don't worry about it.)

I wasn't sure if it worked for mods, super mods, admin's or what not, but I didn't say yes to it or not. I didn't know how it would pan out.

Maybe next year?
            Hacked on 9/9/09
            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

How about next year give me mod status? <.< >.> I'm sure I can cause a few annoying chuckles to all.
              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
                PiNG, AKosygin and I were talking about April Fools Joke to play this year, back during Fan Festival 2007, and PiNG did suggest changing everyone's status to miserable user. (if you know what it is, cool, if not, don't worry about it.)

I wasn't sure if it worked for mods, super mods, admin's or what not, but I didn't say yes to it or not. I didn't know how it would pan out.

Maybe next year?
                Oh lord....

If we do that, can I have the day off? LOL
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  If we do that, can I have the day off? LOL
                  Sure, just means you got to work 50 times harder next day for half pay.

Comment

Hmmm.... what is half of ZERO?
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

what is half of ZERO?
                      goddammit TGM, you should know it's not safe to divide by zero.

Comment

Universal implosion... {Do you need it?}

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                        ------
                        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                          goddammit TGM, you should know it's not safe to divide by zero.
                          I blame it on old age Feba.

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
                            The game isn't real, although many people wish it would become so.
                            That hurt.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I blame it on old age Feba.
                              Pic said differently.

Comment

I only really read the first post a little.... and all the other posts i skimmed over...

But to respond to the title, "April Fools pranks that wouldn't have sucked." I'd just like to say that all April Fools pranks suck when they're being done to you.

I mean i read that one about FFXI being terminated at some time in the near future made me think "Aw crap, after i just started to play." but under a min later i read that tiny disclaimer saying it was a joke and it made me smile.

Now that is a good April Fools in my opinion... one that makes you think,

"Damn! This sucks!" But in then, in a short time later think "Oooooh damn, you got me! Haha!"

An extended April Fools that really hurts somone is cruel, granted, but a short snappy one is what i believe April Fools was made for.

Comment

Working...
                                X