Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"URLs not allowed" are getting a bit annoying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "URLs not allowed" are getting a bit annoying.

I think this system is fine the way it is.

But one thing I would change....

I think it would be better for new users to get a warning that you cannot post URL's until a certain number of posts. That way, they'll know ahead of time that they can't post URL's and they can talk about their subject without finding out that their entire post got deleted.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaped View Post
      ...... but at the same time, some people will just get too trigger happy with their new MOD status. I've seen this plenty of times before
      I'm sure if they appointed a new MOD it'd be one they trusted and whose been here a long time. I was a MOD at an old ffx-2 forum and we had 2 MODs and an Admin for a long time. We just didn't trust anyone else until we'd seen what people act out like in the forums. It's important to get a neutral, friendly, helpful MOD. So as long as they really trust the person that shouldn't really be an issue.

But personally, i don't really have a problem with the system. Sure it did mean i had to re-post a couple of times but i think i might be past the "No URL Stage" of membership. If it stops a load of "BUY GIL HERE I R L33T" posts then thats fine with me.
      Last edited by Mr.Trilby; 12-26-2007, 08:08 AM. Reason: I can't spell
      "You said that humanity was a flawed creation, and that people still kill one another for petty jealousy and greed. You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't" Sharon Valerii, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Sure, we all get over it but it still gets annoying. It just simply means people will spam faster to be able to use URLs.

And a "Welcome" message via-PM would not hurt to say "You can't post URLs and use Smilies until you've reached X amount of posts". It's not hard to simply do a welcome PM like that and hell, it can get points across right off the bat. Not only that, it'll teach people how to use their PMs.

In any case, I know I'm out numbered on this subject but my opinion on this still stand. It doesn't matter if you've been an oldie on here and you can simply get over the fact of that or if you're a newb and am having troubles with that. Hell, I didn't even know I couldn't post URLs until I made a post with URLs or when I tried using a simple smilie.

Being able to have users catch spammers for you will be less work for you anyway.

Comment

Hell no, no-one is trying to undermine your opinion, like you said it still stands and as a member of this forum you have the right to voice it. I know where your coming from though the PM would help. I usually miss it when i don't get a Welcome to the forums PM. Though i haven't been here long i can see the forum has a HUGE range of characters. Thats why i'm sticking around. You people are good company compared to most forums.
          "You said that humanity was a flawed creation, and that people still kill one another for petty jealousy and greed. You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't" Sharon Valerii, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Working...
          X