You are not allowed to post URLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are not allowed to post URLs

Do new users--those without privilege to make post with URLs--see the URL button (the one with infinity symbol)?

Also, do they get the "Smilies" pallet? (Smilies are considered to be URLs, right?)

If either is true, then the system is inviting new users to make the mistake of turning their writing into this:
    [System Message: You are not allowed to post URLs as you have not yet contributed sufficiently. Please try again at a later time.]
    (And, often be blamed for those posts, though it's really not their fault--how are the newbies to know that the buttons offered by the system are bad? They are new, after all... >_>; )
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Re: You are not allowed to post URLs

I don't think I've seen anyone blame them for making a post like that. It's when they do it multiple times in a row when you have to wonder.

Comment

I haven't really seen anyone rip on someone for that either. But, I DO get your point...
      Current Server: Asura
      Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
      Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
      Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
      Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
      Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

the filter is messed up anyway. I've seen people registered more then a year ago get that error message.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

its not based on how long youve been registered.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I know that's true. I don't even think its based off of how many posts you've made either. I believe I had seen people with less time and posts than me, post URLS before I could... really, I still don't know if I can.
            Current Server: Asura
            Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
            Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
            Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
            Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
            Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

It's based on an undetermined amount of posts, possibly near 20 or so.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I still have my rant I posted here about this 3 months ago. And looking back at it I mentioned that you have to take URLs out of other people you quote as well. So even if they don't post any URLs, they still might get that message.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure URL and Smilies button do appear for them as well when they are replying to a message. I remember complaining about the smilies specifically. I'm still fairly new around here so it wasn't that long ago that I had to deal with this.

Comment

In that case, the "Quote" operation need to filter out URLs for newbies as well. >_>

Seems like this filter was added without much thought about how it'd interfere with normal user operations of new members.
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

How is it interfeering? You arent allowed to post just a link until you meet a certain requirement. And by a link i also mean a single smilie on a new thread.

I don't see how "" constitutes a conversation.
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                    X