Various things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various things

I had a lot of idea's when I searched for this forum. Umm...
    Brainstorm:
    Auto-merge doublepost.
    Not being allowed to post URL (and quote) untill a moderate amount of posts.
    Thanks being deleted after the "thanked post" is deleted.
    Search function security options.

Well, about auto-merging, why is it removed? I think it's a very nice and useful feature.

URL rule
    I can understand if the URL posting rule is made for advertisers or such, but the annoying system message also comes up when you quote someone. It's really annoying. Can it not be made so, that only the URL in the post gets blackened out? Or atleast, a feature that saves your post so you don't have to rewrite it.

Thanked posts
    I noticed that "Thanks" you receive are being deleted once the posts of which you are thanked for are deleted. Or is it supposed to happen?

Search function
    It really makes it very annoying to search something in this forum, I get a dozen times that my security answer is wrong for some reason, before it finally works. It might be just me though, and I don't understand why it is there. Is there something spammers could do with the search function, such as overloading the bandwith?

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Re: Various things

Reasonable questions, though your thread title doesn't exactly explain what's going on in here.

Re: Auto-Merge - Not sure why it was removed. It was pretty dang handy. I'm willing to bet that there are (eventual) plans to bring it back.

Re: URL Posting - This only affects new accounts, or accounts that have only a few posts to their name (I believe). So anyone who participates on a regular basis shouldn't have any problems here. The quote thing does seem kind of annoying, but again, it's easy to circumvent, and after a few posts, it won't be an issue anymore.

Re: Thanked Posts - I think that's working as intended. If you were thanked for something that no longer exists, then the thanks would disappear as well.

Re: Search Function - I tend to use the advanced search most of the time, and I've never personally had a problem with it. But I know that the basic search above can be a bit frustrating. As a temporary solution, I'd suggest just using the advanced version, but I agree that it would be nice to find out what's going on there.

Comment

Some things such as the "Thanked Posts" I just wrote because I noticed them. I didn't know if it was supposed to be or not.

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
      Re: Search Function - I tend to use the advanced search most of the time, and I've never personally had a problem with it. But I know that the basic search above can be a bit frustrating. As a temporary solution, I'd suggest just using the advanced version, but I agree that it would be nice to find out what's going on there.
      I meant the Advanced Search in first place.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Comment

Oh. I haven't had any problems with that at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by "just put to show". Show what?

Comment

auto-merge double posts: i think PiNG doesn't have the time to put it back in yet

url rewrite: good points to consider

search: i have no problems with it, but yes, people can abuse the search to overload the database

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
          X