Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will PiNG add the gil back to the community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will PiNG add the gil back to the community?

I really miss the custom titles and names and such we could earn by posting on the fourms, and especially the RPG when I was bored. A while ago when it was taken down PiNG said it was satored on his computer, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. I'm not sure whats going on, but I know it's still there because I JUST saw a dude walking around with a custom title I gave him before the gil feature was taken away.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Re: When will PiNG add the gil back to the community?

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
    I really miss the custom titles and names and such we could earn by posting on the fourms, and especially the RPG when I was bored. A while ago when it was taken down PiNG said it was satored on his computer, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. I'm not sure whats going on, but I know it's still there because I JUST saw a dude walking around with a custom title I gave him before the gil feature was taken away.
    Don't know much about that, little is mentioned about the old system. A problem that was coming about with the gil system was people using it to put up insulting titles. Definatly something not wanted here, not to mention keeping track of who's who. Some people with obvious malicious behavior was swapping names with a bad history keeping could lose track of them.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I never did like the idea that people could maliciously change other people's titles, but I was saving up to change my own.
      They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What if it was re-instated so that you couldn't change other's titles or your own name? it made FFXIO alot more fun ; ;
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

Giving other people titles was the only thing I ever spent my gil on. >_>
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Changing someone else's title was too cost prohibitive for it to have been any sort of real problem. It didn't happen all that often. And if a title was inappropriate, it was immediately changed to something else.

I'm not really sure where Macht is coming from with that, to be honest.

Comment

good things come to those who wait.

um, yeah, that's all I got

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                Giving other people titles was the only thing I ever spent my gil on. >_>
                Giving other people silly titles was one of the funniest things here.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
                  good things come to those who wait.
                  Mmmmm... Heinz Ketchup.
                  Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                  I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Um.....yeah

Why do certain people still retain their titles and other people don't?
                    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                      Um.....yeah

Why do certain people still retain their titles and other people don't?
                      It's a conspiracy Kupo.

I would've liked if the RPG section had some sort of flash that would make fights look like FF3-4 or something like that. I didn't like the reloading part of the process, but it was fun.

Edit> Wait, I think I already posted something like this some time ago. ?
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Everybody who got a title for themselves before the site changed should still be able to edit it. Everyone else is kinda SOL for the time being.

I don't think the title thing was ever really a problem, but the name changing thing did kinda bug me. It took me like a month to figure out why arcadia9 stopped posting and who this Mog prick was who stole his avatar.
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

It took me like a month to figure out why arcadia9 stopped posting and who this Mog prick was who stole his avatar.
                          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Everybody who got a title for themselves before the site changed should still be able to edit it.
                            How?
                            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah, I would like to know how and where as well, as it has been mentioned before and I am unable to find how.

Comment

Working...
                              X