Site Update Info/Comment/Questions [Super-merged]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Site Update Info/Comment/Questions [Super-merged]

"Super Merge" no kidding. XD I keep losing track of other threads, but looks like they are all here.

Comment

Please tell me you can get the Public/Private journal section back up. I have over 160 posts on it and was gone over the weekend. If you cannot is there any way I can view an old link so I can copy and paste everything to my desktop?

I was gone over the weekend and had no idea FFXIOnline was going to go through this. ; ;

A lot of people kept telling me they couldn't come here to read it anymore I thought they kept going to the wrong place.

Will this feature be back? Thanks for any info.

-X-

<--- I'm cursed
      READ MY JOURNAL ON THIS WEBSITE!
      http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/jou...owjournal&j=18

Comment

don't worry, your journals will be back, and better than ever Give me some time, It's currently only in "Database format" at moment.

Comment

I'm sure you've already realized this too, but thought I'd bring it up just in case.
          Even if you select to not have the sidebar while viewing threads, it still shows up, cramping the posts. It doesn't do it when viewing the new posts page or the sub forums, only when you're actually in a thread.
          Anyway, just thought I'd bring it up in case it slipped through.
          Thanks again Ping and let us know if you need anything.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Just a question, but is there a New Posts button on the Dark Theme? I'd be more inclined to use it if that were the case. That's probably my most used feature on the site.^^

Comment

Ahhh, sorry, I gott put a note to my self about the "New Posts" , yes, it's all there, in the dark theme, it's under "Search" button, the very last option "New Posts"

Comment

Not sure if you are aware. (or i'm just doing something stupid)

I've just tried updating my character info and am having trouble, for the job levels section it seems that i can only enter one figure in the box. If you try entering a two figure number it brings up an error.

You did not enter the correct format for the Black Mage field. Please read the field description for the expected format.
                even i have levels above 9!
                Kylestie was defeated by Curiosity.

Comment

I really like the FFXI Character Information tab, but I'm not so sure about the placement. It seems really cluttered being right below the character name and title, but above the Forum Specific title.

It might look better below the avatar. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Awesome thanks Ping. I don't know you like others may but I'll marry you now... Don't let that stop you from bringing back my 2k+ viewed journal though. :O

<--- I'm cursed
                    READ MY JOURNAL ON THIS WEBSITE!
                    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/jou...owjournal&j=18

Comment

First of all, the site's coming back nicely. ^^

I really liked the "Tooltip with first line of post" that would appear when I moved my cursor over the title of a thread. Has that been permanently removed now?

Regarding the Database suggestion...I like the idea. I'm happy to contribute, but I don't want to be the only one. >.<

Also, are the Articles coming back? If so, will they be in a more edit-friendly format?
                      They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I just wanted to add something. I use Firefox and when I click my bookmark I get an error and am left at a white screen with a little message. If I go up and remove everything from the URL past com, including the / mark, the site loads fine. I tried editing the bookmark ti just http://www.ffxionline.com but that didn't help.

Just letting you know my issue.

Comment

I'm dig'n the new Dark Theme, especially now that I've found the New Post option. (I'm a New Posts whore. All I do is click that little button at work like a fiend! lol)

I have in my options to not show the side bar on the left. Well it's still clicked, but I'm still seeing the left panel. Is there another option I'm not seeing?

When I click the preview button, it shows the preview just as before, but it removes all carriage returns I had in the post. So I have to put them back in if I want any sort of spacing in the post. The submit button is also missing. The one that was directly under the previewed post. I found it convenience to just click that one instead of scrolling down further to find the Submit Post botton.
                          Odude
                          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Journals are back! Working on linking and accesses

tdh, thanks , i'll look into what's causing the problem.

Comment

Is there a way to anonymously thank someone?
                              They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Nakti: Sorry, there's no option to thank someone anonymously.

Lollipop Qeen: Are you sure you are book marking it right? Perhaps add a whole new book mark?

Comment

Working...
                                X