This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balfree, please read this

You locked two of my threads, I didn't know you weren't allowed to post same topics on various forums. Sorry. Anyway,

what am I allowed to do?

If I post a thread on, say, Unicorn forums can I post a link to it on another forum? Not everyone who visits the Unicorn forums visits say, the Main Forum and vice versa.

If I had something I wanted to say/show as many people as I could I don't see why I should be restricted to only utilizing one forum.

So, care to clarify for me?
    Kisats - Unicorn Server

Essorance Entertainment - FFXI Video Entertainment

Re: Balfree, please read this

Don't post multiple copies of the same thread.
    Most people view through the "New Posts" button at the top of the page. When you do that you can see everything thats been posted since your last visit.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

If you want everyone to see your topic, dont make it server specific. But if you want to restrict it to your server population, make it server specific.

Double posting isnt allowed in 99% of the forums i've been to. I'm sure it's common knowledge.

Not everyone who visits the Unicorn forums visits say, the Main Forum and vice versa.
      That may be common practice somewhere else, but you'll quickly find out that in ffxionline the users tend to view and reply to topics all across the boards, we dont even use server-specific forums much, that's just the way it has been for a long time.

I'm very sorry but posting your topic in 3 different places is simply not allowed. If it was, you would have countless double topics all through out the forums, if each discussion had a double of itself somewhere else... people would have to go through countless pages to find new relevant posts.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

In most fourms, such as Killing Ifrit and Alla, you do have people who spend all their time on server or main, and rarely both. On those fourms the only topics you will ever see get locked are flame wars and redundantly off-topic posts, such as a few posts:

"99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around..." you know how it goes.

And another!:

"pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie pie"(and this one didn't even get locked)

FFXIO, as the mods have said, has a VERY useful "New Posts" function that lets a person see all new posts across all fourms. The only person who will not read these is a person who choses not to, and haveing 3-5 copies of teh same thread in that group will just make people more likely not to read it.
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

I didnt want to mention other forums, but thanks for doing so onion, they have perfect examples of the issues we allways aimed to avoid
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I like pie!

Comment

ok, question answered, incoming spam avoided

for future reference, if you have an issue with the actions of a moderator, PM them instead of opening a new thread about it.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
              X