X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator overstepping his power.

Thread in question.

Basically, I have a list of gil sellers, and people who exp with them/split drops for the Seraph forum.

When the thread was moved here from allakhazam, I talked to PiNG, and this is the convo:

Re: More the list

Ok, but I have one request for you, Please, PLEASE be sure you get hard evidence of the people on list and keep them filed, or post screen shots. (New additions or edits) One thing that worries me is the problem when we assume, (I'm sure you'll assume), that if someone, ACCIDENTALLY joins a party who are full of gil sellers, but the person didn't know any better about them. Probably thought they were just regular party or find out that they were actually partied with gil sellers after the party is over...

Most likely there will be such people, and get listed in your list. If someone clearly comes in to our forums and state their facts please be sure to talk it over with them in civil manner.

Perhaps come up with a disclaimer note and ask for users to PM you about false information that might be in the list. Pretty much keep things handled as best as you can.

That's all I ask of you for that list. I'll go ahead and unlock it first thing in the morning. Please do your best to keep the thread as civil as possible. If things do get out of hand, It'll be closed and moved to our archive.

Thanks

-PiNG

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RunningDemon
    Sorry for another PM, but you have been offline.

Please at least give me a chance to plead the case of the List. If it is proof you want, I have screenshots for the majority of people on that list. Talk to someone on Seraph, the names on the seller list are 100% accurate.

If the problem is the PTs with gil sellers list, I can get screenies for everyone i added myself, and probably 95% of those from other people who posted the pics on allakhazam.

There is no reason to delete this thread. I do things as fairly as possible and deal with any discepencies ASAP.

In closing, I hope you rethink the closing of this thread. This is going past the not wanting flaming, I have only flamed when been provoked by people who do not know what they are talking about, or have morals that allow them to help RMT. I really hope you and the other admins take a long look at this before doing anything rash.

The original thread on allakhazam can be produced on request if you desire, to see screenshots and arguements, but hell, ask Jath, he was on the damn thing, then apologized as my rules state and was removed that day.

This was back on May 9th when we discussed this and agreed.

I have followed the rules for new additions since I got here to ffxionline.com.

Now, then Feba decided to flame the thread on the 8th, even though he is not on Seraph, and has no clue about things on our server. Taskmage promptly put the boot down, stating that the thread was only to add/remove GSers and friends names. And that if people wanted to talk about the right and wrong of such a thread to do so in a new thread.

Come June 22. TheGrandMom, the offending mod in the title, decides to pick up where Feba left off. Begins to argue the right/wrong of my list, ignores all requests to make a new thread to talk about it, and asks me for things not agreed upon by PiNG. THEN locks the thread, leaving me no way besides this to post the agreement with PiNG.

I obeyed the rules we agreed to. I obeyed the rules from Taskmage as well. It is not my problem that people come and flame things they have no clue about because they think they are doing good and protecting innocent people. Wanna know why no Seraph people really complained about my list? It's because we know who the GS are for the most part and you had no right to come and lock this thread.

I even asked for which names people wanted me to pull proof of up off of allakhazam, nothing from TheGrandmom, just more flaming on how I was hurting innocent players, and then locking down the thread.

I hope to god that some other admin can step in here and do something about this blatent overstep of power towards someone who disagrees with them. I have contacted PiNG with a PM before and after the lock, and am awaiting a response. I have given proof for all additions since the move to ffxionline.com. I have NEVER recieved a request for proof of a person from the allakhazam days.

TheGrandMom has overstepped his/her power, broke the rules PiNG agreed to me with, and then just ignored Taskmage's ruling to not argue in the thread. I hope to god something is done about this.

Re: Moderator overstepping his power.

Hmm do they ban IP's at this site.
    I only remember one person who got a warning for flammeing.
    Frankly its not my place to decide what happens to members but your pushing your luck.

Comment

Good for them. I did what I was asked by Task/PiNG. TheGrandMom went nuts, ignoring the previous agreements and not asking for who he/she wanted proof on from the old allakhazam thread.

Comment

this will be discussed amongst the mod team. until then, please refrain from opening more threads about this.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

This is pretty much going to be in PiNG's hands now.

I would like to point out, though, that one respected Seraph player, Elrohir / Elured, did post an opinion dissenting to the list. So, it's not entirely accurate to say that no Seraphians complained. Neither is it entirely accurate to give my request the weight of a "ruling," but that point is rather moot.

Beyond that my position is already well documented in the thread.

Double Post Edited:
          Oi, sorry. Thread was closed while I was typing my response.
          Last edited by Taskmage; 06-22-2006, 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

This issue will be reviewed and actions will be taken accordingly.

Thank you for contacting us. Your complaint has been registered and an investigation has been launched.
            Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
            X