Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question if this program would be against FFXIO's ToS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question if this program would be against FFXIO's ToS?

I have a third-party program that is similar to an online .dat swap. The only thing it does is lets you change how your character's appearence(Armor, Face and Race) client-side. I wanted to share this, but would it be against the ToS of this site?
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Re: Question if this program would be against FFXIO's ToS?

Yes. It would be against the ToS. Is SE going to care? Probably not.

Comment

I was more refering to FFXIO's ToS, not SEs.
      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
      More Sig:

Comment

Since we have a dedicated DAT forums here, I think the software should be ok here. As long as it does nothing else but DAT swapping.

However if anyone wants to use it make sure you virus scan it.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Ok, cool. Now where do I get a virus scanner...
          More Sig:

Comment

there are several free ones online, though I can't remember the name of them. And sorry for mis-reading your post. ^^

Comment

I downloaded a PC Tools Antivirus, so I hope that wrosk, scanning now... if it comes up viru-negitive, I'll post it. And it isn't exactly a .dat swap, it just changes the appearence of your character in-game.
              More Sig:

Comment

Working...
              X