This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Forums

I noticed that two of my new posts got moved to sub-forums I didn't even realized existed. The only way I was able to find them was to back out to the main page.

Is it possible to put links to some/all of these subforums ... or links to links ... on the left hand column. I notice you currently have links to the Database that really don't go anywhere right now and links to the guild forums which only link to one post inside those forums.

I wouldn't mind the moved threads so much if they were easier to find and their sub forums where they belong. It would be easier for forum navigation if these sub forums were more accessable.

On that note, I don't know if there is a sub-forum to deal with this specific kind of feedback thread. >.<

EDIT: OMG ... there they are ... when I look at a particular thread ... you have them on the left. But not while surfing the general forum itself.

Re: Sub Forums

heh sorry i'm moving this one as well.

what do you mean you don't see the other forums? are you going to: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/

or just: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/dre...-.main.topics/

it's clearly on the forum index (top link) unless you hide some of them with the little arrow collapsing thingee on the right bar

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

FFXIO has such a different layout that people who arent used to it simply dont know how to navigate, its a matter of time, if youre willing.

In my opinion we should work on that aspect a bit more, but its so complex right now that i believe it would take alot of manpower and time.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I would consider each of those links to be "Main Pages." Thus there might not be a need to have the forums links on left as well. But once I enter one of those forums, like General Discussion, the DB stuff remains on the left. The only way to then see all the numerous forums on this site is to: 1) Exit back out to Main Page, or 2) click on a thread and then have the forum links on the side.

My suggestion is to have the forum links on the side while I'm in a forum page as well. I hope that makes sense.

EDIT: btw ... don't see this subforum on the left either.

Comment

There's also the Forum Jump drop-down at the bottom of every page.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Oooo ... I like that ... didn't know about it. Maybe that should be at the top of the page. That would solve all problems.

Comment

i'll be updating the side bars asap.

Comment

PiNG has the right to claim my babies ^^
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                X